Preparing teachers is a complicated process that involves collaboration, support and resources. On this page you will find some important and pertinent COE policies and guidelines, information on key program assessments, tools, timelines and COE office resources. If you have questions on any of these please contact Zach Smith.
Undergraduate Calendars (Schedules)
The schedule links below include dates for current in-program candidates. All in-program candidates should have received a program planner with dates specific to your progression. If you have not received your planner please contact the COE office.
Applicants applying in the Spring please reference the Undergraduate Candidate page here.
- Undergrad Calendar, May 2020 Completer
- Undergrad Calendar, May 2019 Completer (2019 Cohort)
- 2018-2019 MIT Calendars
Policies and Guidelines
- COE Culture and Teaching Policy
- COE Program Progression
- WEST Policy – Undergrad
- WEST Policy – MIT
- WEST/edTPA Voucher Policy
- Transition Points – Undergrad
- Transition Points – MIT
Teacher Performance Assessment (edTPA)
- Instructional Plan Template-Training
- Instructional Plan Template-Day to Day
- Instructional Plan Template- edTPA
- Instructional Plan Guiding Questions
- edTPA Scaffolding Worksheet
- Videotaping Policy
- Videotaping Consent Form Template
- Spanish Videotaping Consent Form Template
- Videotaping Parental Permission Slip
- Spanish Videotaping Parental Permission Slip
- Making Good Choices
- Understanding Rubric Level Progressions (URLP)
- Student Voice
- Videotaping Parental Permission Slip – non-TPA
- edTPA Handbooks
- Pearson TPA site here (http://www.edtpa.com/) – Log-In is required.
Candidate Proficiency Portfolio (CPP)
- MIT Program Key Assessments
- MEd Program Key Assessments
Professional Growth Plans
Student Teaching Timelines
College of Education Office Resources
- AccuCut System – Alphabet, Calendar, Mathematics, Curriculum, Borders, and General use Dies are available. Each year, the COE office aims to add to its collection for your convenience and enjoyment. Please consult Assistant for instruction on first-time AccuCut use.
- Specialty Paper – Create from Construction paper of various colors, foam board, window cling sheets, limited card stock, bulletin boarders, large bulletin paper, and magnetic sheets.
- Laminate – Water/Wear-proof your materials with a DocuSeal Laminator at just $ .10-$ .25 a sheet. Please consult Assistant for laminator use.
- Art/Office Supplies – From staples and paper clips, to X-Acto cutters and watercolors, browse our collection of basic art and office supplies to help get things in colorful order. Bulletin Board and White Board kits are also available upon request for project check-out.
- Classroom Manipulatives/Posters – A range of different subject matter manipulatives and educational posters, such as Connector-Cubes, Phonics Cards, plastic coins, geometric shapes, Painting prints, Instructional pointers, and various others are available upon request for check-out.
- Copies – Complementary black and white copies are available upon request for course use.
Ernestine Rice Memorial Children’s Library – See webpage for further information on this resource.