- Overview of Bloom’s Taxonomy, with a list of action verbs at each level.Helpful in developing student learning objectives and considering levels of academic rigor: Bloom’s Taxonomy Overview
- Bloom’s Taxonomy Action Verbs Reference List: Bloom’s Taxonomy Action Verbs
- A tool developed by NU’s College of Adult and Professional Studies for auditing the number of estimated hours of work expected for a course: Credit Hour Workload Audit Tool
- Course Workload Estimator developed by the Rice Center for Teaching Excellence: Course Workload Estimator
- Checklist for creating student learning objectives: Objectives Checklist
- Worksheet for connecting outcomes to curriculum and identifying appropriate assessment instruments: Outcomes Worksheet
- Overview of direct and indirect examples of assessment to measure student learning: Assessment Measures
- Worksheet for developing student learning goals and assessment: Goals Worksheet
- American Association for Higher Education principles of effective assessment, a high level overview: Principles of Good Assessment Practice
- National Institute for Learning Outcomes Assessment website, articles, resources, and discussion: http://www.learningoutcomeassessment.org/index.html
- Assessment tool that allows for student input: ChecBric Assessment Tool
- The Degree Qualifications Profile, a framework for what students should know and be able to do to earn an associate, bachelor’s, or master’s degree: http://www.natcom.org/uploadedFiles/Teaching_and_Learning/DQP%20Brochure.pdf
- Explanation of purpose for engaging in curriculum mapping: Why Do Curriculum Mapping?
- A glossary of curriculum mapping terms: Selected Bibliography of Terms
- A guide for analysis and interpretation of curriculum maps: Curriculum Roadmap
- The steps of curriculum mapping: Curriculum Mapping Steps
- A rubric to determine levels of program outcome content delivery in courses: Rubric
- One template for mapping curriculum: Template
- One example (from the discipline of psychology) of a curriculum map: Curriculum Map Example
- A tool for estimating the amount of work required for a course: Credit Hour Workload Audit Tool
- An article and checklist for refreshing a pre-existing course (without too much pain and suffering): Instructional Design Checklist
- NU partners with IDEA to conduct course evaluations: IDEA resources, IDEA Research and Papers
- NU information about the set-up process, administering evaluations, and reports: Course Evaluation Resources.
- Recommended books and articles related to issues of race: Resources for Talking About Race
Faith and Learning
- Online video library of faculty from Council for Christian Colleges and Universities institutions modeling classroom discussions related to faith integration: CCCU Faith and Learning Integration Channel.
- Information about enrolling for a Faith and Learning Course offered by the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities: CCCU Faith and Learning Integration Course.
Teaching and Learning
- Articles and the option of an email subscription related to teaching and learning: Tomorrow’s Professor
- Research and resources focused on teaching strategies: Faculty Focus
- Regular podcast about teaching and learning methods and resources: Teaching in Higher Ed Podcast
If you have resources or topics to add to this page, or questions and comments, please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.