Students in the Associate of Ministry Leadership or Bachelor of Arts in Ministry Leadership degree programs may qualify to earn 3 internship credits tuition free during one more semesters. This internship is set up by the student in cooperation with an on-site ministry supervisor, pending approval from Dr. Lamm Bray.
To set up the internship, the student needs to:
- Begin work on the Personal Development Plan (PDP), using this template: Personal-Development-Plan
- Review the NU Salem Campus Ministry Internship Guidelines 0716 and secure a commitment from an appropriately experienced on-site supervisor who agrees to the Internship Guidelines
- With your on-site supervisor, review your PDP and then edit the NU Salem Practicum Syllabus Template 0716 to include the specific assignments and learning activities you will complete as fulfill your PDP.
- Submit the completed and signed Guidelines and Syllabus to Dr. Lamm Bray for approval BY THE END OF WEEK 1 OF THE SEMESTER.
- By WEEK 2 OF THE SEMESTER, begin learning activities within the internship, completing the assignments in the syllabus on time throughout the semester (16 WEEKS).
Students will utilize a weekly internship journal to reflect upon their learning experiences throughout the internship: Weekly-Internship-Journal.
Deadlines listed above are non-negotiable. Contact Dr. Lamm Bray with your questions about the internship credits.