Junior Cohort Information
The American DataBank (ADB) – NU Portal is now open
Junior Nursing Students will order the following packages:
- Package 1: $54.00 Criminal Background Check for Students. This includes the following searches:
- Nationwide Criminal Search
- Nationwide Record Indicator with Sex Offender Registry
- Washington Statewide Criminal (WATCH)
- Unlimited Counties – Previous 7 years outside of Washington (includes all alias names and places of residency)
- Nationwide Fraud Abuse Control Search including General Services Administration (GSA) & Office of Inspector General (OIG)
- Residency History
- Social Security Verification
- NOTE: APPLICABLE COURT FEES MAY APPLY
- Package 2: $45.00 Complio Immunization Tracking Subscription for Students. Read each section below for specific requirements.
Requirements & FAQ
The documentation listed on this page must be uploaded to American Data Bank by July 24, 2017 to retain your place in the Fall 2017 nursing cohort. Failure to meet the deadlines and requirements of the onboarding process may jeopardize you place in the Fall 2017 nursing cohort.
Click here for Requirements and Expectations.
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions.
Click here for Important Dates and Times.
Follow the instructions for each immunization listed below. As you complete the immunization requirements submit your documentation to American Data Bank. Submission of documentation will be ongoing.
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- TB (PPD or QuantiFERON-Gold)
- TB Symptom Check (Positive TB test only)
- Varicella (Chicken Pox)
- Polio Series
- Flu (September or October of your Junior & Senior year)
Medical Clearance Form
Your doctor must complete and sign page one of the Medical Clearance form. You will complete and sign page two of the Medical Clearance form. Read the “Essential Qualifications for BSN Students” prior to completing the Medical Clearance form. Students requesting disability accommodation must contact the Office of Academic Success and Advising by July 24, 2017.
The signed Medical Clearance form must be uploaded to American Data Bank. Failure to meet the deadlines and requirements of the onboarding process may jeopardize you place in the Fall 2017 nursing cohort.
Additional Required Documents
You also need to upload the following documents to American Data Bank by July 24, 2017.
- Criminal Background Check and Disclosure Form
- Health Insurance Card
- Licensure (RN, LPN, CNA, Tech. if applicable)
- US Passport (Expiration after October 30, 2019)
- Drivers License (must be valid)
- Demographic Form
- Release for Distribution Form
- Informed Consent Form
- Graduation Application
All Buntain School of Nursing students are required to take the AHA Provider Level CPR certification class at NU. You may choose from the following times:
- Saturday, August 26, 2017, 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Saturday, August 26, 2017, 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Each session will accommodated approximately 22 students. The cost is $65.00, cash or check made out to Merit Emergency. You may sign-up for the day and time you prefer at the following link:
Click here to sign up for your preferred class time.
Orientation for incoming Junior nursing students will take place Friday, August 25, 2017, from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. This is required for all Junior nursing students.
If there is a scheduling conflict, the BSoN Orientation has priority over NU New Student Orientation.
Save the Date – Consecration Service
A Consecration Service will be held on Tuesday, September 26, 2017, in the Butterfield Chapel at 7:00 pm.
The School of Nursing at Northwest University prepares graduates to answer their call to serve God throughout the world and lead others by using their professional expertise as nurses.
The Consecration service celebrates the new junior cohort and dedicates the students to the Lord as they answer their call to professional nursing practice.
Plan to invite your family and friends to celebrate with us!
- Weeks 1-4 (August 28 – September 22, 2017)
- Week 5-15 (September 25 – December 11, 2017)
- Juniors DRAFT Finals Schedule (December 12 – December 15, 2017)
- Weeks 1- 15 (Check back for updated schedule)
- Juniors Finals Schedule (Check back for updated schedule)