KNOW JESUS BETTER
Here at Northwest University, we desire that you grow and mature as you follow Jesus (1 Timothy 4:6-9).
That is what the Mentorship Program is here to do, to help you in your spiritual formation. We believe that having a mentor is Biblical and immensely beneficial as your follow Jesus (Romans 10:13-15).
A mentor is an older, wiser Christian who is coming along side to walk through life with you. A mentor is encouraging and sees the best in you. A mentor is a role model. And a mentor constantly keeps your eyes on Jesus.
- Mentorship is done between a student and a Staff & Faculty member.
- Students and mentors are to be the same gender.
- A student emails the Staff & Faculty member to initiate the mentoring relationship (using the directory below).
- The student and mentor will work together to establish the mentorship goals, frequency, location, etc.
- We recommend meeting together every two weeks.
- The mentorship is designed to last the duration of a semester, but we encourage you to meet the entire academic year.
- To find an available mentor click the directory link at the bottom of the page.
AREAS OF MENTORSHIP
A mentor will help you follow and know Jesus better. Here are five ways your mentor can support you.
- Spiritual Formation and Development
- General Life Guidance and Support
- Vocational Ministry Growth
- Leadership Development and Growth
- Faith in the Workplace
HOW TO SIGN UP
The following directory is a list of Staff & Faculty members of the Northwest University community who have made themselves available and are excited to mentor you.
To find a mentor, email an available mentor from the directory. (Click Here)
HELPFUL INFO (coming soon)
- Tips for first mentoring get-together
- “How get the most out of mentoring” article.
STAFF & FACULTY
Are you a staff and faculty member and interested in being a mentor? Email email@example.com