Summer Financial Aid
To be eligible for summer aid, you must have filed a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), and the Financial Aid Services Office must have received the results of that application for the current school year. For example, if you are applying for financial aid for the summer of 2017, you must file a 2016-2017 FAFSA by June 30, 2017.
Applications for summer aid are available in the Financial Aid Services Office at the end of March. Summer aid is determined by the number of credits a student is enrolled for. Six credits is the minimum number you can be enrolled for to be eligible for Federal Stafford Loans. The financial aid that is available for summer is:
- Federal Stafford Loans: This aid is available if you have eligibility remaining. You may borrow a certain amount each school year based upon your class standing and eligibility.
- Pell Grant: This aid is available if you have remaining eligibility.
- Washington State Need Grant: This aid is available if you have remaining eligibility and NU has remaining funds.
- PLUS Loan: This aid is available if your parent is approved for the loan.
- Alternative Loan: This aid is available if you are approved for the loan.
Tuition credits are not available for Summer School (Minister, Missionary, Family, etc.). You are notified as to what financial aid you are eligible for at the beginning of April.