Northwest University ID Cards
Northwest University students are required to present their ID card for admission to the NU Dining Hall, athletic events, and the Eagle Fitness Center. It is also required to check out materials from the Hurst Library (and other cooperating institutions’ libraries) and for the recording of Chapel attendance.
Enforcing these requirements consistently helps to ensure that students are getting the most for their investment.
Most Kirkland Campus students and employees are now issued ID cards that also act as key cards. Key cards have a white lock icon in the colored bar across the left side (students) or top (employees) of the card’s front. Key cards can be tapped against readers in the residence halls and some administrative/academic buildings to unlock exterior, hallway, and office suite doors.
Special care should be taken to not damage or puncture key cards, as it may break the internal components. Key cards for some buildings (Argue HSC, North 6710) come pre-punched. If you want to carry your key card on your keychain or a lanyard, you can stop by the Information Technology Office (Barton 122) to pick up a card clip.
Lost, Temporary, and Replacement Cards
Key cards should be treated with the same security as a regular key. If you lose your key card, please stop by the Information Technology Office (Barton 122) or Campus Security Office (Crowder Lobby) to have your lost card inactivated as soon as possible! Key card functionality applies to the Kirkland Campus only.
Temporary and replacement ID cards may be requested from the Information Technology Office (or the Campus Security Office outside of business hours).
Temporary ID Cards
- There is a $5.00 charge for temporary ID cards, billed to your student account.
- Temporary cards include a barcode and key card functionality.
- Temporary cards expire one week after issue. After that time, key card functionality (if applicable) is disabled.
- Temporary cards that are not returned to the Information Technology Office before 6:00pm on the due date will incur an additional $45.00 fee, and a replacement ID card will be printed and sent to your campus mailbox.
Replacement ID Cards
- There is a $25.00 fee for replacement ID cards, charged to your student or employee account.
- Temporary ID cards may be exchanged for a replacement ID card for a $20 fee. (The total charge amounts to $25.)
- Expired Cards
Continuing students can stop by the Library or Information Technology Office on the Kirkland Campus to get a validation sticker each year to keep their ID card updated. There is no charge for validation stickers.
- Sacramento Campus
Students and employees are required to wear their Northwest University ID card on a lanyard whenever on the Sacramento Campus.
- ORCA Cards
If you carry both your NU ID Key Card and an ORCA Card (Seattle area regional transit) in close proximity (e.g. in a wallet or lanyard), the ORCA Card’s contactless technology may interfere with your NU Key Card’s ability to open doors. Simply removing one of the cards when trying to open a door will resolve this issue.
- Student Mail and Packages
For information about Kirkland Campus students’ mailboxes and package delivery, please click here.