This page will help answer your questions about resetting or changing your password. Please contact the Information Technology Office if you have any questions about the information below.
- NU Password Reset Site:
Go to http://passreset.northwestu.edu/ to reset a forgotten password or to create/update your profile.
Passwords automatically expire after six months. At or before this time, follow these steps to choose a new password.
Changing Your Password
To reset a lost or forgotten password, you can visit the NU Password Reset site and then click the Forgot your password? button. You’ll be walked through the reset process.
You can also contact the Information Technology Office to have your temporary password set to “Nu” + your nine-digit ID number (e.g. “Nu000543210″).
Student and employee passwords must meet the following complexity requirements when a new password is set. Your password must…
- Be at least eight characters long.
- Contain at least one upper-case letter.
- Contain at least one lower-case letter.
- Contain at least one number.
- Not contain three or more adjacent letters from your account name.
- Not contain the following characters: < >
- Be different than any previous NU passwords.
- Be changed every six months (or more often).