This page will help answer your questions about resetting or changing your password. Please contact the Information Technology Office if you have any questions about the information below.
- NU Password Management Site:
Go to http://passreset.northwestu.edu/ to reset a forgotten password or to create/update your profile.
Passwords automatically expire after six months. At or before this time, follow these steps to choose a new password.
Changing Your Password
To change your password or to reset a forgotten password, visit the NU Password Management Site and then click the Go to Reset Tool button. You’ll be walked through the reset process.
If it has been more than six months since you last logged in with your NU credentials, you will need to contact the Information Technology Office to have your password reset to “Nu” + your nine-digit ID number (e.g. “Nu000543210”).
Student and employee passwords must meet the following complexity requirements when a new password is set. Your password must…
- Be at least eight characters long.
- Contain at least one upper-case letter, one lower-case letter, one number, and one special character.
- Not contain three or more adjacent letters from your account name.
- Not contain the following characters: < >
- Be different than any previous NU passwords.
- Be changed every six months (or more often).