Student Mail & Packages
All Traditional Undergraduate Students on the Kirkland Campus are assigned a campus mailbox in the Pecota Student Center.
Your Campus Mailbox
- During the school year, student mail is delivered in the late afternoon, Monday through Friday.
- Mailbox keys are issued to students during Orientation. If a key is lost, students can stop by Print and Mail Services (Barton 160) and get a replacement for a $10 fee, charged to the student’s account.
- Outgoing mail can be dropped off in either the Pecota Student Center, or at Print and Mail Services.
- Larger outgoing items and packages should be taken to Print and Mail Services.
Packages and oversize items that cannot fit in student mailboxes will be held at Print and Mail Services. Students will be notified via text message and/or NU e-mail when a package arrives. Items can be picked up by showing a current NU ID card and signing for them.
Campus Mailing Address
Mail that is not addressed correctly may be delayed. Students’ mailing addresses are printed on the back side of their NU ID card, and use the following format:
Packages sent via a carrier (e.g. UPS or FedEx) that cannot ship to PO Boxes should use this format:
When you graduate or leave Northwest University, please provide a forwarding address and ensure your contact information is correct on the My Profile page. Be sure to return your campus mailbox key to Print and Mail Services for a $5 refund to be credited to your Student Account.
- During summer, all student mail will be forwarded a week after the last day of finals.
- On the form, indicate whether you’d like your mail forwarded, are no longer a student, or if you’d like your mail delivered to your NU mailbox for the summer.
- Failure to fill out the online form will result in your mail forwarded to your permanent address on file.