Adjunct Faculty – NU Sacramento
- You are enrolled in a course called NU Faculty Tutorials which contains videos and handouts to help you with Discovery. The same resources are available on the Discovery Resources page on the ITC website.
- Discovery Courses must be opened to students at least 1 week before the start of course, and must remain open for at last a month after the end of a course. See Discovery Resources for information on how to make courses available to students.
- Support for Discovery is available by contacting Lynette in the Instructional Technology Center (see below) or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Checklist for Teaching a Discovery Course – Sacramento
- All classrooms are equipped with: computer, DVD/VHS player, and projector.
- Office 2013 has been installed on all classroom and computer lab computers.
Note: All NU employees can purchase Office 2016 or 2013 (PC), Office 2016 (Mac), Office 10, or 8 for $9.95 each from Kivuto using the link on the Information Technology Department website. Due to our agreement with Microsoft adjunct Faculty qualify for the Full-time Faculty price. Other products are also available.
- Call the IT Help Desk (425.889.5310) if you have a problem with classroom technology.
- Be sure to turn off projector and log out of computer before leaving the classroom.
The Eagle website contains announcements, links, and information that will be helpful to you as an adjunct professor at Northwest University. The main links are:
- NU – This is the official Northwest University website which provides information regarding our academic programs, branch campuses, events, NU Calendar, and other information about NU.
- Library – This is the Library website where you can search the NU – Kirkland collection as well as online databases, many of them providing access to articles that you can read or download. The NU Syllabus Archive is also available from the Library webpage. To limit search to books in the Sacramento library do a search for Books >> Click in box for Sacramento Campus.
- Courses – This menu contains links to Self-Service (list of courses that you are teaching and students enrolled, final course grades will be added to Self-Service at end of semester – See Faculty Self-Service Introduction), Discovery courses, Online Campus (courses with /1000 & /2000 level sections) & My Textbooks.
- Shop – This menu contains links to Eagle Exchange (NU apparel, gifts, and accessories) and Amazon.com (textbooks).
- E-Mail – This link provides access to Employee E-Mail and Student E-Mail. Students have access to Office 365 via their E-Mail account.
Hover over Academics – Departments – Student Services or Campus Resources to see a menu of links.
Use your NU email address and password to log in to Eagle and then click on My Profile. You will find your NU ID at the top of the page. The following sections may be available on your Profile page:
- My Account: Current balance, monthly statements and more.
- My Academics: Includes a list of current courses, and other links.
- My Printing: Printing and Long Distance codes.
- My Information: Address and content information, can be edited.
- My Emergency Contact Information: Add Emergency contact information.
- NU Alerts: Add or update text and email information which will be used when a campus alert is sent out.
Additional options on this page include My Textbooks.
Northwest University Directories
Employee and Student Directories can be accessed by selecting Directories from the Campus Resources list. You must be logged into Eagle to view the Directories.
OFFICE TECHNOLOGY & COMPUTER SUPPORT
- Technology Assistance
The IT Help Desk is available via phone (425.889.5310) or by emailing email@example.com. You can also search the FAQ on the IT Website.
- NU E-Mail
You will access your NU Email via Outlook Web by clicking on the EMAIL link on the Eagle website. See Outlook Web Tutorial.
- NU Password
Passwords expire every 6 months and you will receive a notice that your password is about to expire. You can change your password using the NU Password Management site. If you are unable to log into Eagle or Discovery it may mean that your password has expired so call the Help Desk at 425.889.5310 to ask that your password be reset. Password requirements have changed. See Password Requirement page for information.
RESOURCES FOR STUDENTS
We have a number of tutorials to help students with Discovery and Turnitin. They have access to these resources via the NU Student Tutorials course in Discovery, but feel free to direct them to the Student Tutorial page, or add links to these resources to your Discovery site.
INSTRUCTIONAL TECHNOLOGY CENTER
We are here to provide technology support and training for YOU. Please contact Lynette by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or by phone (425.889.7832) if you have any questions.