ALICE ALERT App – Installation and Use Guide
At Northwest University, we are committed to the safety and well being of our entire campus community. The ALICE ALERT mobile app furthers this commitment by putting the ability to Alert and Inform into the hands of individuals – both employees and students.
This page contains instructions for installing the app to your Android or Apple mobile device, and setting it up to connect to Northwest University. Once set up, the app will help notify you – and give you the ability to notify others – in the event of a Campus Safety emergency.
- ALICE ALERT App – Installation & Use Guide
This information is also available to download as a PDF.
Downloading & Installing the App
- Search your mobile device’s app store for “ALICE ALERT.” Download and install the app from ELERTS Corp.
- Once installed, launch the ALICE ALERT app.
Setting Up the App
- At various points in the setup process, you will be prompted to accept the Legal Agreement, enable Location Services, and allow Notifications from the app. We strongly recommend you accept, enable, and allow each of these items. [Screenshot]
- The first time you open the app, you’ll be asked to enter your name and contact information. You must complete the form accurately, using your @northwestu.edu e-mail address. [Screenshot]
Adding a photo is optional, but can be helpful in an emergency.
- Next, you’ll need to select Northwest University as your organization. [Screenshot]
- You may need to activate the app using the link that is sent to your @northwestu.edu inbox.
- Tap the Alerts button in the lower-left corner to learn more about the app and its use.
- Once your registration has been accepted, the app’s home screen will list Northwest University / Kirkland Campus in the top-right corner. [Screenshot]
Communicating with Campus Security
These steps will create a conversation only between you and Campus Security.
- Tap the Alerts button in the lower-left corner, and then use the app to send text or photos of an incident in progress. [Screenshot]
- Campus Security personnel will be able to respond to your messages on an individual basis.
Using the App in an Emergency
These steps will initiate an emergency alert broadcast to the entire campus! [Screenshot]
- On the app’s home screen, tap the Safety Alert button, and then select the type of emergency you’re reporting.
- Enter as many specific details as will be useful to anyone responding to your alert.
Ending an Emergency Alert
- On the app’s home screen, tap the Action button, and then select End Alert. [Screenshot]
- Enter specific details for why the alert has ended.