Student Programs – NUSG, Act Six, Leadership, Orientation
About the Office of Student Programs:
The Office of Student Programs facilitates opportunities for leadership development, campus engagement, and co-curricular partnerships to help students foster discernment and meaning-making in their vocational calling.
Overseeing leadership development at Northwest, Student Programs provides broad-based training to all student leaders.
Areas supervised by Student Programs include:
- Northwest University Student Government (NUSG)
- Student Clubs & Organizations
- Student Senate
- Student Activities
- Act Six Scholars
- President and Provost Scholars
- Pecota Student Center usage
- New Student Orientation for traditional undergraduates
If you would like to learn more about any of the leadership or involvement opportunities, the Office of Student Programs can help! The Director of Student Programs is located in the Pecota Student Center Student Development Office, PC-1.
Act Six Scholars
Act Six is an urban leadership and scholarship initiative for selected high achieving and motivated student scholars to grow facilitating positive change at NU and in the broader community.
Northwest University Student Government (NUSG)
Collectively, the Associated Students of Northwest University are known by the name NUSG. Leadership within NUSG is comprised of elected officers and selected student leaders who provide yearlong service. NUSG provides many different avenues and commitment levels for involvement including participating in a club, serving as a Student Senator, and multiple forms of campus leadership. The Office of Student Programs oversees advising of all functions of NUSG, comprising:
- NUSG Cabinet – President, Vice-President, Treasurer, Activities, Student Media, and Rec Sports
- Student Senate
- Student Activities Board (SAB) and Event Directors
- Student Media – Photographer, Videographer, Social Media
- Recreation Sports – Intramural Sports, Adventure Recreation, Eagle Spirit
Click here to learn more about NUSG