Community Life – NUSG, Student Leadership, Orientation
About the Office of Community Life:
The Office of Community Life facilitates opportunities for leadership development, campus engagement, and co-curricular partnerships to help students foster discernment and meaning-making in their vocational calling.
Overseeing leadership development at Northwest, Community Life provides broad-based training to all student leaders.
Areas supervised by Community Life include:
- Northwest University Student Government (NUSG)
- Student Clubs & Organizations
- Student Senate
- Student Activities
- President and Provost Scholars
- Pecota Student Center usage
- New Student Orientation for traditional undergraduates
If you would like to learn more about any of the leadership or involvement opportunities, the Office of Community Life can help! The Director of Community Life is located in the Pecota Student Center Student Development Office, PC-1.
Northwest University Student Government (NUSG)
Collectively, the Associated Students of Northwest University are known by the name NUSG. Leadership within NUSG is comprised of elected officers and selected student leaders who provide yearlong service. NUSG provides many different avenues and commitment levels for involvement including participating in a club, serving as a Student Senator, and multiple forms of campus leadership. The Office of Student Programs oversees advising of all functions of NUSG, comprising:
- NUSG Cabinet – President, Vice-President, Treasurer, Activities, Student Media, and Rec Sports
- Student Senate
- Student Activities Board (SAB) and Event Directors
- Student Media – Photographer, Videographer, Social Media
- Recreation Sports – Intramural Sports, Adventure Recreation, Eagle Spirit
Click here to learn more about NUSG