COLLEGE OF ARTS AND SCIENCES
Associate Provost, International Studies
Founder & Director, Center for English Language Education (CELE)
The International Studies Department is located in the first floor of the Hurst Library. International Studies provides the following university services. Please visit us for more information about:
International Student Services: Immigration, insurance, advising, international student club
Center for English Language Education: Course registration, language assessment, advising, conversation buddies, field trips
Study Abroad: Advising and information for NU students wishing to go abroad and receiving Exchange students from our sister universities.
Short Term Programs: Language and Culture programs, Teacher Training, and International internships
I love international travel! I lived in Japan for 3 years and traveled extensively in China & South Korea and I enjoy eating the delicious variations on Hot Pot in each country. I have walked through whale bones in Mexico, sea-kayaked in Vietnam, and been a beach bum in Thailand. Hiked the footsteps of William Wallace in Sterling, Shakespeare in London, and the Moors in Granada. I hope to share this love of cultural exchange by creating supportive, dynamic communities for international students at NU, my teachers in the CELE program, and students that we send abroad for teaching internships. I love meeting new people, trying new foods, and building partnerships.
- B.A. English, Northwest University, 2001
- M.A. English Langauge and Linguistics, University of Arizona, 2007
- Ph.D. Second Language Acquisition and Teaching, University of Arizona, 2010
- Ph.D. Dissertation: Establishing the Validity of the Task Based English Speaking Test (TBEST) for International Teaching Assistants; longitudinal study, extensive statistical analysis, qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Office: Hurst Library, H103
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 1-425-889-5335