Professor Danette Ver Woert
- BSN, Northwest University, 2011
- MN, University of Washington, Bothell, 2015
As a high school student, Danette envisioned becoming either a teacher or an international nurse. Today, she is honored to live into both dreams. She is passionately curious about the intersections of culture and life-long learning, which has led her to investigate the perceptions of Kazakhstani nurses regarding graduate education. She is energized by opportunities to empower students, specifically young women, in leadership development and identity formation. Her nursing background includes in-patient adult oncology and out-patient Urgent Care.
Swimming, biking, running.
International Higher Education, Service Learning, Curriculum Development, Online Learning
“Learning Through Serving: A Multidisciplinary Approach to Community Engagement in Higher Education,” in Kazakhstan 2017. “Orienting New Nurses in Home Health,” Seattle 2015.
- Intentional Living by John Maxwell.
- The Female Brain by Louann Brizendine.
- The Heart of Higher Education by Arthur Zajonc, Megan Scribner, and Parker Palmer