“We are told that at the creation of our marvelous universe, songs of praise and shouts of joy resounded to God’s Glory.” (Daily bread)
It is my deepest desire to praise His glory through the gift of music that God has given, and it is my deepest passion to share the joy of offering an excellent music using the talent that God has given us.
From the early age, I was exposed to piano and ear training. Music has always been a part of who I am. I have been blessed to enjoy a balanced musical environment and receive good music education from two countries. After early piano training in Japan which heavily emphasizes displays of technique, I was blessed to meet the great teachers in US who have taught greater emphasis on “Listening”- subtle tone colors, historical and stylistic interpretation, and flexibility of musical understanding.
I have performed in numerous concerts and recitals as a soloist and an accompanist. During my three years as an accompanying TA, I had the privilege to perform with many different instrumentalists in various styles of music, which helped me to broaden my musical taste and understanding.
I came to Northwest College as a student in 1977, became an adjunct faculty in 1985, and a full time faculty in the fall of 2000.
I have arranged many hymns for solo piano and choir. Recently I have enjoyed arranging music for double bass and piano. I also enjoy being involved in various master classes, piano adjudication, church music, and visiting nursing homes.
BA Music Education/Music Performance Musashino Music Conservatory
BA Sacred Music Northwest College
MM Master of Music University of Washington
- The Sigma Alpha Iota Performance competition
- The Northwest Young artist competition
- Ladies Musical Club competition
- Don Bushell concerto competition
- Young Keyboard Artists Association International Piano Competition Northwest District
- MUAP 1111/2111 Class Piano I,II
- MUSI 1043 Introduction to Music
- MUSI 1113/1123 Written Theory I, II, III, IV
- MUSI 1131/1141/2131/2141 Ear Training I, II, III, IV
- Piano Pedagogy I, II
- Music History I, II
- Fundamentals of Music
- Music Appreciation
- Music of World cultures
- MUPL Private piano lesson
- The Lord Reigns Forever
- Faculty Piano Recital 2003
- Faculty Piano Recital “Hymns & Classical Music” 2005
- Faculty Piano Recital “Hymn & Classical Music” 2009