Dr. Shannon Fletcher
Business Faculty Lead
Ed.D. Pepperdine University, 2016
M.B.A. Capella University, 2010
B.A. Arizona State University, 2006
Shannon Fletcher joined the business faculty team at Northwest University as an associate professor in 2018. Previously, she taught for seven years at Sierra Nevada College located near Lake Tahoe, Nevada before meeting her husband and moving to the Seattle area. Outside of academics, she has had a full career starting in television, working at the Phoenix ABC news affiliate KNXV, and as a publicist for Five-Star hotels such as The Phoenician and The St. Regis in Aspen. She also worked as a campaign manager to raise funds for Zephyr Point Presbyterian Conference Center. As much as she enjoyed her journalism career, at heart she is an entrepreneur, which is why she has owned two companies – one a grass-fed meat distribution company, and the other, a consulting company focusing on executive coaching, project management and website redesign.
Her dissertation was titled Vulnerability in the Classroom: How Undergraduate Business Instructors’ Ability to Build Trust Impacts the Student’s Learning Experience.
- Traveling with her husband, Noah
- Exploring great hikes in the Seattle area with her labradoodle, Baxter.
- Rising Strong by Brene Brown
- Inside Out by Larry Crabb
- Emotionally Healthy Relationships by Peter and Geri Scazzero
- Changes that Heal by Henry Cloud
- The Advantage by Patrick Lencioni