This page shows the full listing for this job opportunity, posted August 17th.
Young Adult Ministry Internship
Part-time Young Adult Intern at UPC
The purpose of the internship is to provide enrichment alongside experience in young adult ministry within the context of the larger church. Interns participate in learning opportunities while engaging in relational ministry with young adults, ranging from 20s to 30s. We provide training, mentoring and practical experience. In particular, the internship provides:
• Training/participation in a multi-church innovation cohort, encouragement and mentoring
• Guided practical experience and application
• Opportunity to explore gifts and call to vocational ministry
• Spiritual and theological development
• A growing personal commitment to Jesus Christ, the body of Christ and God’s work in the world.
• Cross-cultural experience and commitment to developing ethnically and culturally diverse young adult community.
• Experience being mentored and mentoring others.
• College degree.
• Work alongside Young Adult Ministry staff in developing and implementing ministry to a community of post-college aged young adults who are growing in Jesus Christ and serving Seattle.
• Participate in training, enrichment and planning opportunities with our Young Adult Leadership Council and Young Adult Core teams.
• Participate in and develop leadership skills in a variety of program elements, including opportunities for fellowship, discipleship, outreach, mission and service, retreats and special events.
• Welcome new-comer young adults to help them get connected to community and mentor selected young adult leaders either one-on-one or in a small group. Relational time with the young adult community is a high priority as part of the intern experience.
• Attend twice-annual Pivot Northwest Innovation Program meetings at Seattle Pacific University.
Associate Director of Missional Communities
All Interns receive a nominal monthly stipend. Interns are not employees of University Presbyterian Church and are not eligible for benefits. Interns are not covered under workers’ compensation.
Position will be open until it is filled. Please apply as soon as possible
Please return your completed application to:
Applicants must full out the application: http://www.upc.org/serveserve-now/internship-opportunities/
- Date Range: Year-Round
- Positions Available: 1
- Hours per Week: 20
- Pay Rate: $525/month stipend
- Location: University District, Seattle
You must be logged into the Eagle Website to view contact information for this job.
Please use the form at the top of this page to log in.
If you're an NU graduate and want to know about this job, please email email@example.com.
Be sure to include the Job Number(s) from the top of the page.
- Application Deadline: Until Filled
Please send questions via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.