This page shows the full listing for this job opportunity, posted January 8th.
Summer Camp Head Cook
Come join Wilderness Awareness School’s summer programs and help bring sustenance and vitality to our students and staff. We have two positions available for head cook at our semi-wild base camp in Duvall, WA and plan to hire two to three cooks to cover all the needed weeks.
Location: Linne Doran, our land in the foothills of the Cascade Mountains
Duvall, WA - 45 min. from Seattle, WA
Summer Dates: Prep and Kitchen set up during week of June 11 – 15, 2018
9 weeks of cooking: June 17 – August 24, 2017
Facilitate and implement all facets of meal delivery for a group of up to 45 students and staff weekly.
- Follow a pre-set menu with opportunities for creativity and meeting dietary needs of participants.
- Use natural, organic, and local ingredients as possible within budget.
- Coordinate with program staff on timing and delivery of meals.
- Food preparation, cooking, serving, and kitchen cleanup.
- Lead and supervise kitchen volunteers (including participant volunteers).
- Maintain kitchen facilities with a high standard of organization and cleanliness.
- Monitor food supplies and efficient use of ingredients on hand.
- Restock food supplies as needed (store, bulk, farmers market).
- Budget responsibly including handling of money, school credit card and receipts as relevant.
Compensation/Benefits: $750/week (Duvall programs), On-site housing available if desired
1) Flexible, responsible, good humored and team oriented
2) High level of skill with and commitment to healthy communication
3) Experience with food service for large groups; Camp experience a plus
4) Must enjoy being around youth and adults!
5) Ability to lift 50 pounds and willingness to work hard
6) Clean driving record and access to personal vehicle or over 25 to drive school van
- Date Range: Summer
- Positions Available: 3
- Hours per Week: 50
- Pay Rate: $16
- Location: Duvall, WA
You must be logged into the Eagle Website to view contact information for this job.
Please use the form at the top of this page to log in.
If you're an NU graduate and want to know about this job, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to include the Job Number(s) from the top of the page.
- Application Deadline: Feb 7
Please send questions via email to email@example.com.