This page shows the full listing for this job opportunity, posted March 9th.
Elementary Educational Assistant and Extended Day
Elementary Educational Assistant and Extended Day Instructor
Three Points Elementary | Medina, WA
Salary: DOE based on experience
Working Hours: Monday – Friday; 9:30am – 6:00pm. Potential for variances based on need during the school year. (0.50 – 0.70 FTE)
Teacher assistants support elementary full time school personnel. Job includes classroom aide work and recess supervision. This includes: correcting papers, putting up bulletin boards, leading and working with small groups, redirecting students exhibiting off-task behaviors, walking throughout the classroom and engaging students to check for understanding and task completion.
Extended Day Instructors are responsible the supervision and involved interaction with students brought to campus for Extended Afternoon Care. Responsibilities include supervision of homework time, playground and indoor activities, crafts along with transition of students to Extended Day Classes. Coordination with Extended Day Coordinator for all students login/out records, management of supplies and development of indoor activities.
Benefit package includes: Employer sponsored Pension* and 403b contributions. Paid time off including personal, sick, vacation, and at least 13 paid holidays.
A willingness to work outside in variable weather conditions during recess assignments.
• Must be prepared to work with a spirit of patience, honesty, adaptability and Christ-like love for children, teachers and co-workers.
• Certified in CPR/First Aid (or willingness to be certified as soon as possible upon hire)
• Solid behavior management skills
• Ability to plan, develop, organize and monitor meaningful/educational activities
• Experience working with children/youth (preferably in an educational or ministerial environment)
• A willingness to engage with children in varied outside activities
• Operates semi-independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to following classroom schedules and assignments given by teachers.
• Ability to engage and safely manage up to 25 students in a variety of simultaneous activities in the several types of environments.
• Operates independently with minimal daily supervision, coordinating frequently with both the campus principal and the extended day coordinator in all aspects of the position.
• Must be in agreement and support of BCS Doctrinal Statement
• Work is performed with elementary age children in both classroom (indoor) and outdoor (recess) environments.
• Ability to stand and walk for several hours at a time is required.
• May be outside in various weather (including cold/damp weather) and noisy conditions for lengthy periods of time.
• Occasional driving between locations (between 5 – 20 miles) may be required.
- Date Range: School Year
- Positions Available: 1
- Hours per Week: 40 (school year)
- Pay Rate: DOE
- Location: Medina
You must be logged into the Eagle Website to view contact information for this job.
Please use the form at the top of this page to log in.
If you're an NU graduate and want to know about this job, please email email@example.com.
Be sure to include the Job Number(s) from the top of the page.
Please send questions via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.