This page shows the full listing for this job opportunity, posted March 9th.
Three Points and Mack Elementary | Medina/Woodinville, WA | 2018 - 2019 Academic Year
Salary: Placement on Teacher Salary Schedule
Start Date: Around August 15, 2018
Working Hours: Full-Time; 1.0 FTE (contracted)
The Elementary Counselor is responsible for providing counseling and support services for elementary students, families and teachers at both elementary campuses.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
· Prepare and present regularly scheduled K – 6 classroom lessons using the guidelines outlined in BCS Curriculum Trak, Elementary Counselor file.
· Provide short-term counseling services to students, parents and staff which are biblically based and consistent with the BCS philosophy of Christian Education
· Provide service for families in crisis relationship situations (illness, death, divorce, blended families, single parenting, abuse, relocation)
· Plan and oversee annual “Growing Up Godly” Sex Education program for 4th – 6th students and parents.
· Be available for speaking opportunities with parent and faculty groups
· Provide teacher training and support for classroom management techniques and restorative discipline strategies
· Provide teacher training for identification and reporting of state mandated child abuse situations
· Train and assist students in using conflict resolution skills and anger management techniques
· Provide support and counseling to students with low self-esteem, peer relationship challenges, and/or frequent misbehaviors in the classroom and on the playground
· Works collaboratively with various school personnel including educational assistants, playground aides, and SAS therapists
· Alternates attendance at faculty meetings at elementary school campuses
· Works to establish relationships with other support professionals, i.e. therapists, doctors, clergy
· Responds to all inquiries/parent communication in a timely manner
Benefit package includes: Medical, dental, and vision coverage options. Employer 403b contributions. Company paid life insurance, LTD, STD*, and optional life and long-term care insurance plans. Paid time off includes paid sick and personal time.
· Master’s degree in Counseling and WA certification preferred
· Self-motivation and strong collaborative/teamwork skills
· Strong skills in organization and project management
· Strong written and verbal communication
· Teaching and/or counseling experience with elementary students
· Proven ability to build strong connections with parents and students
· Reliable vehicle needed to travel between locations (between 5 – 20 miles) approximately 2-3 times a week or as needed.
- Date Range: School Year
- Positions Available: 1
- Hours per Week: 1.0 FTE
- Pay Rate: 38000 - 64000
- Location: Medina/Woodinville
You must be logged into the Eagle Website to view contact information for this job.
Please use the form at the top of this page to log in.
If you're an NU graduate and want to know about this job, please email email@example.com.
Be sure to include the Job Number(s) from the top of the page.
Please send questions via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.