This page shows the full listing for this job opportunity, posted March 9th.
Junior High / Senior High ELL Teacher
Junior High / Senior High ELL Teacher
Clyde Hill Campus | Clyde Hill, WA | 2018 - 2019 Academic Year
Salary: Placement on Teacher Salary Schedule
Start Date: Around August 15, 2018
Working Hours: Between 0.5 and 1.0 FTE* (contracted)
*Position hours (FTE) are based on the needs of the school for the 2018 – 2019 academic year.
The role of the Jr./Sr. High ELL Teacher will be to provide support to the instructional process in a differentiated ELL program with specific responsibility for developing English Learner students’ ability to effectively perform courses of study in the English language. The ELL Teacher will develop lessons plans and deliver group and individual student instruction within the established curriculum guidelines. The ELL teacher will collaborate with other teachers, other professional staff, and administrators to address instructional and/or classroom needs. The ELL teacher will respond to a wide range of inquiries from students’ parents or guardians regarding the instructional program and individual student progress.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
· Adapt classroom work, while supporting classroom teachers, for the purpose of providing students with instructional materials that address Individualized Academic Plans (IAP’s) within established lesson plans while building academic English and content knowledge.
· Administer tests and language assessments for the purpose of evaluating student language ability and progress monitoring while providing feedback to students, parents, and administration.
· Instruct English learner students to improve their success in academics and skills.
· Utilize classroom management techniques to manage student behavior and create an optimal learning environment.
· Actively participate in meetings (e.g. IAPs, teacher/parent conferences, data meetings, ISP team meetings) to convey and/or gather information needed to optimize student performance.
· Prepare a variety of materials and correspondences (e.g. grades, progress reports, attendance, anecdotal records, etc.) to document the progress of all ELL students.
Benefit package (0.75 FTE and higher) includes: Medical, dental, and vision coverage options. Employer 403b contributions. Company paid life insurance, LTD, STD*, and optional life and long-term care insurance plans. Paid time off includes paid sick and personal time.
· Valid Washington State Teaching License with ELL Endorsement/ ESL certified.
· Understanding of the stages within English language development and knowledge of age appropriate instruction and activities for English language learners.
· Proven ability to work with data, utilizing defined but different processes.
· Accommodations and modifications for IAPs
· Ability to prepare and maintain accurate records.
· Experience working well with multi-cultural students and families.
· Two (+) years’ relevant experience.
· Multilingual; Mandarin preferred.
· Excellent written and verbal communication.
· Flexibility to work with others in a wide variety of circumstances.
· Attendance and support of two main International events:
o Welcome Orientation Dinner
o Building Bridges Dinner Program
· Help organize and attend approximately four after school Jr./Sr. High outings.
· Some nights and/or weekends may be required to assist with planning and attending International events.
· Reliable vehicle needed to travel between locations (between 5 – 20 miles) approximately once a month for events or as needed.
- Date Range: School Year
- Positions Available: 1
- Hours per Week: .50-1.0 FTE
- Pay Rate: 38000 - 64000
- Location: Clyde Hill
You must be logged into the Eagle Website to view contact information for this job.
Please use the form at the top of this page to log in.
If you're an NU graduate and want to know about this job, please email email@example.com.
Be sure to include the Job Number(s) from the top of the page.
Please send questions via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.