This page shows the full listing for this job opportunity, posted April 4th.
Information Technology Summer Intern
Open Position: Information Technology Summer Intern - Paid Internship
Reports To: Director of Information Technology
When Needed: Summer, 2018
Rate of Pay: $15/Hour
“I’ve never felt so empowered.”
St. Thomas School is seeking an IT Intern to work with our Information and Technology Department during the Summer of 2018. The position is considered a short-term, paid, non-exempt position that is not benefits eligible. The IT Intern is responsible for providing confidential, consistent, and professional technical support to the Director of Information Technology.
Who We Are
• Preschool – Eighth Grade
What We Offer
• Competitive Pay
• Professional Development Opportunities
• Extraordinary Work Environment
St. Thomas School, one of the oldest independent schools on the east side of Lake Washington, is defined by a cognitively rigorous program with an emphasis on developing character, leadership, and a passion for learning and achievement. STS is a recognized leader in developing the whole student. Our core values include gratitude, responsibility, respect, courage, integrity, tolerance, compassion, perseverance, and generosity. STS serves over 330 students and boasts a 55,000 sq. ft. LEED Gold certified campus.
Under general supervision, provides technical and administrative support for the Director of Information Technology.
• Installs and updates hardware and software (PCs, tablets, printers, and accessories); uses Kace to create and restore computer images
• Troubleshoots software, driver and wireless issues; maintains knowledge base of solutions
• Researches and evaluates hardware, software, technology services and web applications
• Assists in the deployment of SharePoint
• Creates and maintains User Documentation; maintains collection of frequently answered questions
• Configures classroom setups, including docking stations, interactive boards and audio
• Deploys laptop carts
• Decommissions old devices for donation
• Creates and updates Active Directory user accounts
• Creates file backups (media, photos)
• Tests group policy and software settings
• Manages inventory tracking
• Attends meetings as requested
• Supports the school and its leadership
• Is familiar with and complies with all policies and regulations as put forth in the school’s documents
• Since safety and security are everyone’s responsibility, takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, faculty, staff, equipment, materials and facilities
• Performs other duties as assigned by the IT Director and the HOS
Required Education & Experience:
• Some work toward High School Diploma required
• Work toward a Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year college or university preferred
• Experience with Windows Servers, scripting, group policy preferred
• Experience setting up and maintaining networks preferred
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Strong interest or academic path in computer science related field
• Computer maintenance knowledge
• Proficient at working in a Microsoft Windows environment (Windows 10), using Office (version 2013 or higher), including Outlook; ability to master common automated systems for record keeping, and confidently learn new technology
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent calendar- and time-management skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent professional (email, phone, letter) etiquette
• Ability to maintain confidential information
• Ability to sit and keyboard, talk on the phone up to 8 hours per day
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
If this sounds like you, please click here-IT Summer Intern. Follow the instructions to complete our online employment application, then upload your résumé and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in this position.
Thank you for your interest in St. Thomas School and this position.
Position open until filled. No phone calls or drop-ins please.
This description is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
- Date Range: Summer
- Positions Available: 1
- Hours per Week: 40
- Pay Rate: 15.00
- Location: Medina, WA
You must be logged into the Eagle Website to view contact information for this job.
Please use the form at the top of this page to log in.
If you're an NU graduate and want to know about this job, please email email@example.com.
Be sure to include the Job Number(s) from the top of the page.
Please send questions via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.