This page shows the full listing for this job opportunity, posted October 4th.
Here We Grow Again!
Incredible Opportunity for Talented and Enthusiastic Individuals to Join Our Team!
At Metropolitan Market, we know food! We are a progressive, upscale grocery-retailer and one of the best places to work in the Pacific Northwest. Metropolitan Market is a company recognized within the food industry for freshness and quality. Every season brings new bounty to the produce department – from the sweet and juicy Peach-o-Rama peaches in the summer, to the creamy holiday pears in the winter, and all the local berries, heirloom apples, and savory fall squashes in between.
We provide outstanding employment opportunities, including a generous benefits program and attractive wages. These fast-paced positions in all of our departments provide ample opportunity for growth and development within the Company. We are looking for outgoing, friendly individuals who want to work in a healthy and rewarding environment!
Job Summary: As part of our Produce Department, this position provides customers with outstanding service, communicates product information, and helps with the maintenance and display of products within the department.
Specific Job Duties:
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Provides outstanding customer service and readily communicates product information to increase sales and meet revenue goals.
• Actively works to increase sales by providing product sampling for customers.
• Prepares products for sale; prices and stocks merchandise according to guidelines.
• Maintains condition of stock and rotation standards.
• Assists with merchandising and displays.
• Participates in physical inventories and practices inventory control.
• Performs light housekeeping duties within the department.
• Other responsibilities as assigned by management.
Skills Required / Qualifications:
Candidates will be selected from applicants having the best combination of the following qualifications:
• Exceptional customer service skills.
• Prior produce experience strongly preferred.
• Must be available to work a flexible schedule, including all shifts.
• Demonstrates a high-level of self-motivation; takes initiative; problem solves.
• Proven ability to follow directions and apply feedback.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Strong time management and organizational skills.
• Proven ability to positively affect sales generation.
• Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
How to apply:
Applications are accepted online. Please visit our website to view complete job descriptions.
1. Go to https://www.metropolitan-market.com/careers
2 Complete a general application and create a profile
3. Search open positions and apply anytime, using your general application and profile
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION:
* Attractive Hourly Wage, Negotiable DOE
* Rich Paid Time Off Benefits including Vacation, Personal, Holiday, and Sick
* Generous Medical and Dental Plans at Very Low Cost to Team Members
* Company Funded Life & Disability Insurance and Pension Plan
* Generous Team Member Discount
* Team Member Sponsored ORCA Card Program
* Tuition Reimbursement Program
* Team Member Appreciation Celebrations
- Date Range: Year-Round
- Positions Available: 1
- Hours per Week: 32-40
- Pay Rate: DOE
- Location: Kirkland
You must be logged into the Eagle Website to view contact information for this job.
Please use the form at the top of this page to log in.
If you're an NU graduate and want to know about this job, please email email@example.com.
Be sure to include the Job Number(s) from the top of the page.
Please send questions via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.