This page shows the full listing for this job opportunity, posted October 4th.
Here We Grow Again!
Incredible Opportunity for Talented and Enthusiastic Individuals to Join Our Team!
At Metropolitan Market, we know food! We are a progressive, upscale grocery-retailer and one of the best places to work in the Pacific Northwest. Metropolitan Market is a company recognized within the food industry for freshness and quality – from our flame roasted prime rib, house made quiche and pot pies, to our high volume buffets and cut to order specialty meats and cheeses.
As a key member of our Specialty Cheese Department, our Cheesemongers are responsible for sales generation, exceptional product knowledge, food safety, quality control, and merchandising of specialty cheese products. We are looking for outgoing, friendly individuals who want to work in a healthy and rewarding environment!
• Immediately greets all customers; demonstrates genuine enthusiasm and sincerity; customizes approach to meet customer needs and build rapport. Works to create customer loyalty through individualized service.
• Packages customer products in a manner that is consistent with department standards and sanitation guidelines and/or customer request; ensures customer purchases are packaged with the highest level of quality, proper tools, and presentation maintained.
• Actively seeks out product knowledge and adheres to approved product sampling methods and expectations; presents product knowledge in a positive, appealing manner that promotes increased sales and best serves the customer.
Skills Required / Qualifications:
Candidates will be selected from applicants having the best combination of the following qualifications:
• Minimum one year food service experience strongly preferred.
• Must possess a minimum of one year of customer service experience.
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously and produce quality output while working within deadlines a must. Sense of urgency required. Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Demonstrates a high level of self-motivation; takes initiative; problem solves.
• Proven ability to positively affect sales generation.
• Possesses knowledge of food safety and HACCP/Department of Health guidelines, and inventory/portion control.
• Possesses adequate product information with a proven history of using knowledge to best service customers. Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge and understanding of food, including ingredients, applications, pronunciations and culinary skills. Possesses a genuine passion for food.
• Exceptional customer service skills; strong interpersonal and oral communication skills required.
How to apply:
Applications are accepted online. Please visit our website to view a complete job description for our Cheesemonger position.
1. Go to www.metropolitan-market.com
2. Select the Careers section
3. Complete a general application and create a profile
4. Search open positions and apply anytime, using your general application and profile
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION:
* Attractive Hourly Wage, Negotiable DOE
* Rich Paid Time Off Benefits including Vacation, Personal, Holiday, and Sick
* Generous Medical and Dental Plans at Very Low Cost to Team Members
* Company Funded Life & Disability Insurance with Fully Funded Pension Plan
* Generous Employee Discount
* Employee Sponsored ORCA Card Program
* Tuition Reimbursement Program
* Team Member Appreciation Celebrations
- Date Range: Year-Round
- Positions Available: 1
- Hours per Week: 32-40
- Pay Rate: DOE
- Location: Kirkland
You must be logged into the Eagle Website to view contact information for this job.
Please use the form at the top of this page to log in.
If you're an NU graduate and want to know about this job, please email email@example.com.
Be sure to include the Job Number(s) from the top of the page.
Please send questions via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.