This page shows the full listing for this job opportunity, posted November 6th.
We’re looking for a few personable, hard-working, and flexible team members to help launch our new Bellevue location. Portal was Seattle’s first VR Arcade and we are excited to expand to the Eastside to make high-quality VR experiences accessible to kids and adults of all ages. Our Bellevue facility houses 12 room-scale VR booths and a lounge area where customers can enjoy snacks and drinks while watching people play VR on large monitors throughout the space.
Although the experiences we offer are based on digital technology, we consider hospitality to be the cornerstone of our business. As such, we’re looking for people with excellent interpersonal skills with gracious and welcoming personalities. Candidates will also need to be able to perform technical tasks on our PC systems, but only basic prior experience is necessary. We will teach you all you need to know.
Duties will include:
• Attending reception and concessions desk – scheduling/selling vr booth rentals and selling/serving prepackaged snacks/drinks. We are a no-cash business accepting credit and debit cards via Square.
• Setting up players in their VR booth – conveying general rules and use instructions, assisting players with putting on and adjusting the HTC Vive Head-Mounted Display (HMD), headphones and controllers.
• Monitoring all booth players and assisting them when they have questions or need technical help.
• Limited troubleshooting of technical issues with equipment
• Assisting with private events during and outside of regular business hours
• Scheduled light cleaning of the facility, including the bathroom
• Must be able to work nights and weekends
• Anything else that is needed. Hey, we’re a small team!
As part of the Portal team you will be on the ground floor of a growing company and will have opportunities to play a larger role as we open more facilities throughout the nation. If you’re interested in applying, please write a short paragraph telling us about yourself and your interest in working with us, email us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for your interest in Portal. We hope to see you soon!
- Date Range: Year-Round
- Positions Available: 4
- Hours per Week: 16-30
- Pay Rate: $14+
- Location: East Bellevue
You must be logged into the Eagle Website to view contact information for this job.
Please use the form at the top of this page to log in.
If you're an NU graduate and want to know about this job, please email email@example.com.
Be sure to include the Job Number(s) from the top of the page.
Please send questions via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.