Tips for Online Registration
REMEMBER! You will need to complete the NU Pre-Registration process before you can Register for courses.
How to Pre-Register
- Go to https://eagle.northwestu.edu/pre-registration/ and sign into the Eagle Website (if you haven’t already done so).
- Complete all of the Pre-Registration pages listed. You MUST complete all the Pre-Registration pages in their entirety in order to release your Pre-Registration hold.
- Once you have completed and submitted the Pre-Registration pages, you can click the green “Proceed to Self-Service” button.
How to Register
- Go to https://selfservice.northwestu.edu/ and log in.
- Go to the Register tab and select the Register for Courses link.
- Select the period for which you want to register (e.g. 2019/Spring).
- Use the Section Search feature (found on the left hand menu) to find the courses you need – it is recommended that you search by course code (for example: GLST for MAICD, COUN for CMHC, and PSYC for MACP/PsyD).
- Select the course(s) you need. Do not forget to select the correct “section” or offering of each class, whether online or on campus. Add them to your shopping cart.
- A Course Added confirmation message will appear to verify your selection.
- Once you have added all of the appropriate courses, select Back to Registration.
- Review your shopping cart to verify the course number, duration, session, number of credits, credit type, schedule, location, instructor, and status for each course. Then check mark next to each course you would like to add to your schedule.
- Click Next.
- Click Next again to finalize your schedule selections.
- At this point, you should receive the following confirmation message: “Congratulations! You have completed your registration for 2019/Spring)”
All account holds must be removed before you can register. You will know if there is a hold on your account because you will see a red stop sign. When you click on it, a message will you tell you what kind of hold you have on your account.
Here are the most common holds and how you can get them removed:
- Pre-Registration Hold: A “Pre-Registration hold” indicates that you have not yet completed NU Pre-Registration.
- Financial Hold: You may have a financial hold on your account due to outstanding balances on your account or other financial issues. This can ONLY be removed by Student Financial Services. You will need to email them at firstname.lastname@example.org to resolve this issue.
- Advising Hold: You do not need to see an advisor to remove your “Advising Hold.” This is something the program coordinator completes before sending out registration information. If you find that you still have an advising hold, please contact your program coordinator.
Adding and Dropping Courses
Important Note: Once you hit Finish, you cannot easily change your courses. You can always add courses, but you cannot drop them without filling out the ADD/DROP form found on the Registrar’s Office webpage. DOUBLE CHECK your courses before finalizing your schedule!