This page will help answer your questions about resetting or changing your password. Please contact the Information Services department if you have any questions about the information below.
- Accessing the NU Outlook Web App:
Go to https://mail.northwestu.edu/ or click the E-Mail link at the top of most Eagle Website pages.
Changing Your Password
Passwords automatically expire after six months. At or before this time, follow these steps to choose a new password.
- Go to the NU Outlook Web App and log in using your current password.
- Click the Options drop-down in the upper-right corner of the page (just below your name), and then select the Change Your Password… option.
- Fill out the form, and then click the Save link/button at the bottom of the page.
Lost or Forgotten Passwords
If you have forgotten your password, and need it reset, please contact the Information Services department. Your temporary password will be set to “Nu” + your nine-digit ID number (e.g. “Nu000543210″). You must then visit the NU Outlook Web App to choose a new password.
If your password has expired, you can simply visit the NU Outlook Web App or log into a Kirkland Campus computer to select a new password.
Student and employee passwords must meet the following complexity requirements when a new password is set. Your password must…
- Be at least eight characters long.
- Contain at least one upper-case letter.
- Contain at least one lower-case letter.
- Contain at least one number.
- Not contain three or more adjacent letters from your account name.
- Not contain the following characters: < >
- Be different than any previous NU passwords.
- Be changed every six months (or more often).