- Northwest University (WA) since 1995 – Dean of the College of Adult & Professional Studies, Dean of Academic Services, Registrar, Director of Institutional Research, faculty member (Statistics; Bible, Ministry)
- Southeastern University (FL) 2011 – 2013 – Dean of Extended Education
- Bethany University (CA) 1993 – 1995 – Director of Extension Education and Institutional Effectiveness, faculty member
- Southwestern Assemblies of God University (TX) 1984 – 1993 – Director of Continuing Education, faculty member (Bible, Ministry)
- US Navy (various locations above and below the ocean) – Nuclear Reactor Operator and Electronics Technician
- DMin – Assemblies of God Theological Seminary
- PhD (abd) – University of North Texas
- MA – Dallas Baptist University
- BS – Southwestern University
I was born at an early age in Kalamazoo, Michigan. (Yes, there really is a Kalamazoo.) So far, I have lived in Michigan, Illinois, Texas, Florida, California, Idaho, Washington, Connecticut, and South Carolina. Thus, I pretty much have the east – west – north – south of the US covered. My favorite place to live is wherever I happen to be at the time, as long as my lovely wife is along side.
I was in the US Navy for 10 years in electronics and nuclear power (reactor operator), and served in submarines. (Sailors serve “on” surface ships and “in” submarines, for obvious reasons). My boat refitted out of Spain, Scotland, and Charleston, and I was stationed twice in Idaho. (Yes, the US Navy submarine service had a strong presence in Idaho – a very interesting story.)
Many years were spent as faculty and administration at these universities: Southwestern AG University (TX), Bethany University (CA), Southeastern University (FL), and Northwest University (WA).
I had the privilege of pastoring two churches in Texas and several associate pastorates throughout the country.
Goal: To serve Christ and help others to do the same
Favorite saying: “When opportunity knocks, it’s too late to prepare”
My passion and vision is to instill a love of God and His service into all my students. God’s ability to flow through us is in proportion to our preparation. Clear, deep, logical thinking should always be the hallmark of Christians as we love others because Christ first loved us.
Favorite course to teach: Whichever course I am teaching at the moment
Primary hobby: my lovely bride Sharon and I enjoy photography – she has the better eye but I have the better camera