Dr. Tiffany Zyniewicz
Associate Professor |
RN-BSN & MSN Online Academic Coordinator |
Buntain College of Nursing
2020 INACSL Research Fellow |
International Nursing Association for Clinical Simulation and Learning
- Ph.D. in Nursing Leadership | The University of Southern Mississippi | 2019
- M.S.N. in Clinical Nurse Specialty and Nurse Educator | Seattle Pacific University | 2008
- B.S.N. | University of Washington, Tacoma | 2003
- A.D.N. | South Puget Sound Community College | 2001
- A.S. Practical Nursing | Centralia College | 2000
- A.S. Pre-Med |Centralia College | 1999
Dr. Z. has been involved in simulation since 2006. She got her start in healthcare simulation by integrating simulation into the nursing assistant, licensed practical nursing, and associate degree nursing programs at South Seattle Community College. She has served both as a Simulation Coordinator and as a Director of the Clinical Performance Lab at Seattle University College of Nursing and as the Simulation Center Director for Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College. She is currently serving as the secretary of the Pacific Northwest Healthcare Simulation Collaborative and is a past chair. Her clinical background is in nursing, primarily in pediatrics.
She has a true passion for serving nontraditional students. Dr. Z. appreciates her role in helping to increase the diversity of the nursing profession and increasing access to higher education in nursing through nontraditional methods. As part of that work, Dr. Z has been grateful for the opportunity to serve on the advisory board for the School of Nursing and Allied Health at Grantham University, a fully online university, since 2016.
She is married and has two young sons. In her time away from the work, she enjoys physical fitness, kickboxing, hiking, travelling, and reading. She volunteers for North Helpline through her church and is passionate about serving individuals and families struggling with housing insecurity and poverty.
Professional Memberships | Organizational Service
- Advisory Board for the School of Nursing and Allied Health, Grantham University
- International Nursing Association for Clinical Simulation and Learning
- Pacific Northwest Healthcare Simulation Collaborative
- Sigma Theta Tau, International
- Society for Simulation in Healthcare
- Simulation in nursing education
- Patient safety
- Health policy
- Nursing regulation
Zyniewicz, T., & Moellenburg, C. (2019, December). Updating your old sim scenarios using INACSL Standards of Best Practice: SimulationSM Simulation Design, Invited webinar presentation for the Pacific Northwest Healthcare Simulation Collaborative, Seattle, WA.
Zyniewicz, T. (2019, September). Outcomes of using different ratios of replacement for traditional clinical with simulation – What nurse educators and state regulation agencies need to know. Invited Presentation to the Mississippi Council of Deans and Directors of Schools of Nursing, Jackson, MS.
Zyniewicz, T. (2019, August). Outcomes of using different ratios of simulation-to-traditional clinical replacement – What nurse educators and simulationists need to know. Invited Presentation at the Mini-Simulation User Network, Seattle, WA.
Zyniewicz, T. (2019, April). The outcomes of using different simulation to traditional clinical replacement ratios: What state boards and nurse educators need to know. Invited Presentation at the Council for Nursing Education in Washington State, Spokane, WA.
Zyniewicz, T. (2018, September). 0 to 60 with no steering wheel: Setting up a simulation lab with limited resources. Invited Presentation at Mini-Simulation User Network, Seattle University College of Nursing, Seattle, WA.
Zyniewicz, T. (2016, November). The great debate. Panel presentation at the Organization for Associate Degree Nursing 2016 Convention: Leadership and Interprofessional Collaboration, Dallas, TX.
Zyniewicz, T. (2016, September). Simulation as replacement for clinical in nursing education: Ratios of simulation to clinical replacement time. Poster presentation at Sigma Theta Tau International Leadership Connection, Indianapolis, IN.
Zyniewicz, T. (2015, June). Marketing, power, and influence: Increasing simulation center utilization and moving toward return on investment. Podium presentation at the International Association for Clinical Simulation and Learning, Atlanta, GA.
Walley, R., Jasperson, T., Harvey, B., Hunter, B., Shirley, G., & Strickland, S. (2015, January). From saving to preserving: Integrating funeral service, medical laboratory technology, associate degree nursing, and paramedic students into a mega-interprofessional simulation scenario. Poster presentation at the International Meeting on Simulation in Healthcare, New Orleans, LA.
Jasperson, T. (2014, June). Simulation during nursing school and nurse residency: Negotiating the role of the professional nurse. Poster presentation at the Doctoral Journal Club Conference at The University of Southern Mississippi, Hattiesburg, MS.
Jasperson, T. & Kuntz, W. (2014, April). Takin’ care of business planning. Podium presentation at the Human Patient Simulation Network conference in Sarasota, FL.
Ross, B., Hsiung, R., & Jasperson, T. (2013, January). Necessary or nice: The simulation center accreditation debate. Panel presentation at the International Meeting on Simulation in Healthcare, Orlando, FL.
VanSchaik, V., Stiers, W., & Jasperson, T. (2013, January). Faculty development for simulation: Finding the best strategy. Panel presentation at the International Meeting on Simulation in Healthcare, Orlando. FL.
Jasperson, T. & Gehman, M., (2012, February). Simulation center organizational structure and staffing: Best and worst models. Podium presentation at the Human Patient Simulation Network conference, Tampa, FL.
Jasperson, T. (2011, August). Promoting deeper learning in lecture courses: Nontraditional simulation use. Podium presentation at the Northwest Regional Human Patient Simulation Network conference, Seattle, WA.
Jasperson, T. (2009, October). Integration of ATI testing into nursing curriculum: Pitfalls and triumphs. Podium presentation at the ATI Nurse Educator Enrichment Conference, Northwest University, Kirkland, WA.
- The Alchemist ~ Paulo Coelho
- Pedagogy of Freedom ~ Paulo Freire
- Sophie’s World ~ Jostein Gaarder
- Made to Stick ~ Chip Heath & Dan Heath
- Our Iceberg is Melting ~ John Kotter
- A Peacock in the Land of Penguins ~ B.J. Gallagher Hateley & Warran H. Schmidt
- The Comprehensive Textbook of Healthcare Simulation ~ Adam Levine, Samuel DeMaria Jr., Andrew Schwartz, & Alan J. Sim (Eds)
- Simulation in Nursing Education: From Conceptualization to Evaluation ~ Pamela Jeffries
- International Nursing Association for Clinical Simulation and Learning Standards of Best Practice: Simulation SM ~ INACSL
- Core Competencies for Interprofessional Collaborative Practice: 2016 Update ~ Interprofessional Education Collaborative