Spiritual Life Credit
Students are expected to engage in the spiritual life of the community. The programs and events that engage spiritual life count towards what we call spiritual life credit (formerly known as chapel credit). Spiritual Life credit opportunities are organized in such a way as to encourage students to own the different components of their spiritual formation. To that end, students are expected to engage in a total of 35 programs, gatherings, groups, or events for spiritual life credit throughout the semester, which is roughly participating in 3 opportunities or events per week.
In essence, part of our alignment as an Assemblies of God University requires that we have a form of credit for chapel or spiritual life. The number of credits is to equal three chapels a week. That is where we get the number 35
All part-time students taking 7-11 credits must fill out the Spiritual Life Credit Adjustment Form and upon approval are required to attain 15 credits per semester.
In some specific cases, the required number of Spiritual Life credits may be adjusted for individuals who appeal and are approved. The Spiritual Life Credit Adjustment form is available here and must be fully completed and returned by the first Friday of the semester for consideration by the Spiritual Life Committee.
Click here to read the full Spiritual Formation Strategy and Policy.
80+ opportunities are available this semester and 35 Credits are needed to pass chapel.
- 40+ Chapel services (10:00AM or 11:20AM, Mondays, Wednesdays, & Fridays
- 12+ Pursuit / Revive services (8:30-10:00PM, Mondays)
- 13+ Life Groups (See Life Group Directory on Eagle for time and locations, 1 credit per week)
- Other Spiritual Life Credit Opportunities – Chic Chat/Fellaship (2), Last Lectures (3), Courageous Conversations (3), Prayer Events (4)
- Global Missions Trips (5 credits given upon completing class at the end of the semester)
- Campus Ministries may offer Spiritual Life credit to at least 5 additional events per semester upon request.
- Personal Reflection (2+ credits): Each semester Campus Ministries offers credit for students who read and write reflections on pre-approved devotionals and/or books.
- Fall 2019 Books
- Choose up to two books to read and reflect on.
- Complete a 1,500-word reflection paper (one per book). By reflection paper, we are not so much interested in your synopsis of a book. Think through and process what the author is writing. Speak to your initial reactions of their thoughts. Compare and contrast their claims with your own experiences. The intent of the paper is to give you space to practice and work through what someone else is preaching.
- All reflections must be submitted by the last day of the semester to firstname.lastname@example.org