“Where you are shapes who you are. Right now. In this moment. The environment that you are in is having an effect on you. You may not realize it. You may not see it. You may not even want it, but you are being shaped. You are becoming where you are, and that is why at Northwest we are all about being a spiritually vibrant community that helps people become better followers of Jesus.”
–Christian Dawson, Campus Pastor
Northwest’s Campus Ministries Department exists to cultivate the spiritual vitality of the NU Community and foster the spiritual formation of each member. Campus Ministries accomplishes this by fostering spiritual formation personally, relationally, corporately, and missionally.
85+ opportunities are available this semester and 35 Credits are needed to pass chapel.
All Spiritual Life credit opportunities are available on the events calendar in My Attendance.
- 42 Chapel services (10:00AM or 11:20AM, Mondays, Wednesdays, & Fridays
- 13 Pursuit / Revive services (8:30-10:00PM, Mondays)
- 15 Life Groups (See Life Group Directory on Eagle for time and locations, 1 credit per week)
- Other Spiritual Life Credit Opportunities – Chic Chat/FellaShip (2), Last Lectures (3), Courageous Conversations (3), Prayer Events (4)
- Personal Reflection (7 credits)
- Students can utilize the Campus Ministries 21 Day- Prayer Devotional (northwestudevo.com) for Spiritual Life Credit by reflecting and journaling. Journals must have entries for all 21 days and be at least 150 words per day. Journals must be completed and turned in no later than Friday, February 15, 2019. Journals turned in to the Campus Ministries office and accepted by the Spiritual Life Committee will count for 3 Spiritual Life Credits.
- Approved Books (2 credits per book): Read “Prayer” by Timothy Keller and/or “The Great Omission” by Dallas Willard, then complete a 2,000-word reflection paper (one per book). Email firstname.lastname@example.org more information; due Thursday, May 9, 2019.
- Global Missions Trips (5 credits given upon completing class at the end of the semester)
- Campus Ministries may offer Spiritual Life credit to at least 5 additional events per semester upon request.