Northwest University Career Services
Career Services at Northwest serves students in the life calling discernment process by means of assessment, skill development, and life coaching.
Career Services provides the following:
- Guides students through the transition of moving into, through, and out of higher education
- Assists students in the identification and application of strengths, passions, skills, and experiences
- Forms meaningful and lasting relationships with community businesses and organizations
- Establishes relationships of trust with Alumni and continues to serve Northwest Students after graduation
- Connects current students of Northwest University with Northwest Alumni in order to promote networking leading to vocational opportunities
- Supports all academic departments in their current and future students’ vocational development
- Provides personal coaching sessions for students to build their resume, prepare for interviews, discover interests, and become more self-aware
Services you can take advantage of through the Career Services office:
- Resume and cover letter review
- Mock interviews and interview coaching
- Personality and interest assessments
- Individual career counseling
Resumes and Cover Letters
If you are interested in taking advantage of any of these tools and services, contact Peter Carlson at 425-889-5208 or email@example.com.
If you’re not ready to make an appointment, a few resources to get you thinking and exploring are listed below:
Choosing a Major and Career
What can I do with this major?
O*Net is an online resource for career exploration and job analysis. They have detailed descriptions of the world of work for use by job seekers, workforce development and HR professionals, students, developers, researchers, and more.
Follow this link to O*Net and start exploring!
CandidCareer has practical interviews with people working in different industries. Their goal is to provide honest career information, and career planning help through video.
Feel free to reach out to Career Services for more help exploring different majors!
Building your network through LinkedIn
Click here to check out LinkedIn
Instructions for how to create and use a LinkedIn profile
LinkedIn job search tips:
Employment and Internship Opportunities
Click here to check out job opportunities through the Northwest JobSearch page
You can use Indeed to search for job postings across a variety of fields.
Understanding yourself with Myers-Briggs
What’s your number? Using the Enneagram to learn more about your strengths and growing edges
What do you value in a future career? Try this exercise to learn more!