Finding a Doctor

If you need to see a doctor and it’s not an emergency, we recommend first seeing the Wellness Center on campus.  If you know you need to see an outside doctor, please know how to find a doctor on your health insurance.  See the Health Insurance page for more information.

For Students Using NU’s International Student Health Insurance

You need to find a doctor who is under the LewerMark network, or you will pay a lot more money.  You can find doctors by searching on the LewerMark website.  If you need help finding a doctor, please let us know.  You can search by type of doctor and even gender or language.

For Students Not Under NU’s International Student Health Insurance

You should look at your health insurance’s website to search for a doctor.

What Type of Doctor Do I Need to See?

If you are sick, you normally want to go to Urgent Care or your Family Doctor.  Do not go to the emergency room unless it is an absolute emergency because the emergency room is more expensive.  If you need to see a specialist such as a dermatologist (skin doctor), then you will need to search for one under your health insurance plan.

The nearest Urgent Care to NU is:
Immediate Clinic – 13131 NE 85th Street, Kirkland, WA 98033.  425-702-8002

The two nearest hospitals to NU are:
Overlake Hospital -1035 116th Ave NE, Bellevue, WA 98004.  425-688-5000
Evergreen Medical Center -12040 NE 128th Street, Kirkland, WA 98034.  425-899-1000

The nearest pharmacy to NU is:
Bartell Drugs – 10625 NE 68th St, Kirkland, WA 98033