General Outside Scholarship Search Sites
- College Answer* by Sallie Mae
- College Board
- Pacific Northwest Association for College Admission Counseling
* Many scholarship search sites will require you to create a login name and profile to help find the scholarships that best match your criteria.
Major-Specific Scholarship Sites
- Education Majors: Wsac.wa.gov/teachers, EducationDegree.com
- Computer Science Majors: ComputerScience.org
- Accounting Majors: Accounting.com
- Psychology and Mental Health Counselor Majors: northwestu.edu
In addition to the organizations on this site, there may be some local organizations that may offer scholarships and grants for your education. Sometimes, it may be easier for you to qualify for a scholarship through these local organizations, especially if they know you personally and/or if you have made a contribution to their cause:
- Your Church
- A/G District Offices
- Community Foundations
- Local Businesses
- You or Your Parent’s Employer
When receiving an outside scholarship, funds are distributed for the current semester, unless the amount exceeds $5,000.
For information regarding Outside Scholarships or the receipt of your Outside Scholarship, please contact Celeste Vargas by emailing email@example.com.
Don’t Get Scammed!
Did you know that thousands of people are cheated by scholarship scams every year? Hard to believe, isn’t it? But in all reality, it is easy to be scammed since phony scholarships and organizations make their deals sound better and bigger than anyone else.
Here are a few phrases you may see or hear that can hint that it is a scam:
“The scholarship is guaranteed or your money back.”
“You can’t get this information anywhere else.”
“I just need your credit card or bank account number to hold this scholarship.”
“We’ll do all the work.”
“The scholarship will cost money.”
“You’ve been selected” by a “national foundation” to receive a scholarship.