Welcome to the Writing Center!
The Writing Center provides services to our traditional undergraduate students at the Kirkland Campus. It is staffed by trained tutors currently enrolled at the Kirkland campus.
We moved to the main floor of the Library! We are open for tutoring on Tuesday September 2nd, 2014.
The Writing Center is open 3pm – 9pm on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. 4pm – 9pm on Tuesdays.
The Graduate/CAPS Writing Center provides services to our Graduate, CAPS, and extension campuses. This center is staffed by a professional tutor specifically allocated to this student population.
About the Writing Center
The Writing Center is a free service available to all Northwest University students. Our excellent peer tutors are eager to help you reach your goals as a writer and student at Northwest University. Please take a moment to read our mission statement, expectations, policies, and procedures.
On this page you’ll also find the Writing Center hours, the link to the Writing Center wiki (where you’ll schedule your tutoring appointments), and links to a variety of websites (like the Purdue OWL) that you’ll find useful as you work on writing projects at Northwest.
We want your Writing Center experience to be productive and worthwhile. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com or drop by the Writing Center in the Library.
The Writing Center staff
The Writing Center: Mission and Policies
OUR MISSION: To help writers become more self-sufficient and confident by providing attention, tools, and time to facilitate the writing process.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITY: While Writing Center tutors can help you improve your writing, you are ultimately responsible for the success of your papers. In order to have the most successful tutoring session possible, please take note of the following:
- Bring a printed copy of the most current draft of your paper to your appointment.
- Bring the instructions for the paper as given by your professor.
- Read your draft prior to the appointment – be familiar with your own work!
- Write down a few questions or concerns to share with your tutor.
- Come to the appointment ready to learn and work. NO phone calls or texts.
- The tutor will not “fix” your paper for you – she/he will help you learn to work on your writing.
- Don’t assume that the paper will be perfect after one session. Good writing takes time.
- Make the tutor aware of your priorities – help the tutor focus on your biggest concerns.
- Take notes and collaborate with your tutor to create a writing plan.
- BE ON TIME: If you are five minutes late, your session may be given to a waiting drop-in student.
- You may NOT schedule more than one appointment per day. Appointments are for only 30 minutes.
Spring 2014 Writing Center Hours for Traditional Undergraduates @ Kirkland
If you are a CAPS or Graduate Student, please visit the appropriate scheduling page for available times.
|Monday||3pm – 9pm|
|Tuesday||4pm – 9pm
|Wednesday||3pm – 9pm
|Thursday||3pm – 9pm
To Make an Appointment (Click a Button Below)
Writing Help Websites