Chapel Projection Guidelines
PowerPoint Aspect Ratio: 16:9
When creating PowerPoint for presentations you must use the following instructions to insure the highest quality display. Use the following instructions to change your settings. You may find that these settings are already in place, but it is important to be sure.
PowerPoint XP / 2003:
- Select Page Setup from the File menu.
- Change the Width to 16 inches and the Height to 9 inches.
- Click on the Design tab in the Ribbon.
- Click the Page Setup button.
- Change the Width to 16 inches and the Height to 9 inches or select On-Screen Show (16:9) from the Slides Sized For menu.
- Click on the Themes tab in the Ribbon.
- Click the Slide Size button.
- Select Widescreen (16:9) from the drop down.
If you are submitting an image for the Chapel pre-service announcements, it would be best if it is in a 1920×1080 (1080p) resolution. Any slide or image must be in landscape (widescreen) format. Keep in mind, we do not use PowerPoint to project announcements. Images (JPEG, PNG) are the best format.
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
Please review the following if you have questions about your PowerPoint file. If you question is not answered below, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
What about included graphics files?
If you are creating graphics or backgrounds, they should also be made in the correct aspect ratio. Our projector displays 1920×1080 (1080p) resolution. Similar HD resolutions work.
What about other media files?
Audio Files – We can play audio tracks either off your device or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Video Files – It is ok to submit a file via email, posting online, or bringing a disc. Please try to submit videos early so we can cue it up before the service, otherwise we will not be able to play it. Videos cannot be accepted any later than 9:30 AM on that chapel day!