I have an academic circumstance which I would like to request special consideration that requires further appeal than my professor or dean can provide.


  1. Complete the form with as much detailed information as possible (use extra paper if needed).
  2. Have the faculty member or your academic advisor sign the form.
  3. Submit the form to the Academic Affairs Office.
  4. Your request may take a week or so for processing.

A student requires a course in a semester in which it is not offered through classroom instruction.

Independent Study allows you to do the course work under the general direction of the professor. (See form for guidelines.)


  1. Complete the Form.
  2. Have the Professor sign it and attach a course syllabus.
  3. Register for the class in the Registrar’s Office.
  4. Submit the form to the Academic Affairs Office.
  5. You will receive a copy of your Independent Study form, memo of fees, and syllabus in a week.

I would like to study abroad for a semester or have specialized study in my major.

To obtain brochures, application forms, and other materials see the Provost’s Office or go online to www.bestsemester.com.

For specific questions e-mail: info@bestsemseter.com.

What are the student programs of the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities?

They are:

  • American Studies Program
  • China Studies Program
  • Contemporary Music Center
  • Honours Programs, Oxford
  • Latin American Studies Program
  • Los Angeles Film Studies Center
  • Middle East Studies Program
  • Russian Studies Program