The Science Majors Page For Environmental Studies
What makes the Environmental Studies program at NU stand out among similar programs offered around the Northwest?
1) small class size, lots of time with the professors.
2) A stewardship-servanthood approach to Env Sciences.
3) The missions approach to LDC’s e.g. agriculture, water treatment, agroforestry, composting, sustainable development. A class like this should be required to graduate.
4) Hands on learning in lectures and labs
5) The environmental Stewardship Club which further promotes experiences in the environmental Sciences such as recycling, experiencing God’s creation, service to surrounding community etc….
6) Required summer experience e.g., Au Sable, Yelm farm, ECCO, etc…