Planning an Event at Northwest
This page walks you through the steps for planning an event on campus for NU employees and students.
All campus events must be approved by the Calendar Committee before taking steps of action.
- Decide on a date, time, and location for your event.
- Complete the Event Request Form to get your event approved by the Calendar Committee.
- Fall Semester Events: Submit plans before July 1st
Spring Semester Events: Submit plans before October 1st
*For last minute events, email email@example.com directly. Availability may be limited.
- Request to use the room(s) by adding it to that room’s Outlook Calendar. (How to reserve a room on Outlook).
*Room requests go through an approval process in order to not overbook campus.
- If it is an event that requires a reservation fee, Kjersten Olsen will connect you to Conference and Event Services. We will direct you through that process with you.
- For catering, fill out this catering questionnaire and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do you need parking signs to direct people to the building that your event is in? Request to borrow these event signs by emailing email@example.com.
- If you have maintenance needs, please fill out a Maintenance Request.
- For IT equipment, please fill out an IT Equipment Request. For all other IT needs, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For marketing requests, please submit a Marketing Brief. To ensure your project gets completed on time, please review Marketing’s guidelines for project timelines.
- Let Security know about your event. Be sure to let them know if guests will be parking on campus.
- Do you want your event added to the Northwest website calendar? Fill out the this form and send it to email@example.com. Click here for the calendar guidelines.
- Please let Conference and Event Services know if there is anything else we can assist with to make your event successful!
*Please note: If you are planning an event with an outside group, you must go through Conference and Event Services. Please fill out the online Facility Request form. We will contact you once we receive the request.