If this is an life-threatening or medical emergency, please call 911 immediately.
If this is not a life threatening or medical emergency, but requires
immediate assistance, please call Campus Security: 425-889-5500
Are you concerned about a Northwest University student?
Does your student exhibit any concerning behaviors like…
- Failing a course/not turning in assignments
- Frequently absent from class
- Deteriorating physical appearance or personal hygiene
- Hostile/angry outbursts
- Extreme disorganization or erratic performance in class
- Noticeable cuts, bruises, or burns
- Drastic mood swings
- Written or artistic expression of unusual violence or despair, focus on suicide or death.
- Manic, confused, or incoherent speech
- Student shares something with you that would be beneficial if other supports were provided (i.e. self-harm, depression)
- Other concerning behaviors not listed
The Student Care Group is here to help you and the student; it is a cross-departmental committee that meets regularly to discuss, assess, and manage cases when a student exhibits concerning behavior. The group is the centralized body that receives reports of student concern – related to student wellbeing, safety, and/or success – and works together to thoughtfully and holistically support the student.
If you are staff, faculty, or a student/family member concerned about a student, please complete the form below to notify the student care group of your concern.
Below is a list of helpful campus resources available to all students. In the event you have any questions, or it becomes appropriate for you to refer a student, please feel free to contact these offices directly. However, if you are not certain where to begin, please complete the report form and a member of the Student Care Group can reach out to you directly.
- Nurse Practitioner
- Disability Accommodations
- Study Room Reservations
- Textbook checkout
- Code of Conduct
- Multicultural Life
- Student Clubs/Organizations
- Pastoral Care
- Prayer number: 206-486-4656
Officer on Duty: 425.889.5500
- Safety Concerns
Title IX Coordinator
- Reports of sexual harassment, sexual assault, discrimination, etc.
- 24-hour suicide prevention line: 800-273-8255
- 24-hour counseling crisis line: 206-461-3222
(urgent counseling needs)
- 24-hour nurse line: 866-418-1002 (medical advice)