Student Leadership Selection 2023-2024
Who is Eligible to Apply?
Any Northwest University student returning for the 2023-2024 academic year is eligible to apply if they meet ALL of the following criteria
- You must be committed to Christ and the mission of Northwest University.
- You must have passed Fall 2022 Spiritual Life Credit and continue to pass while in leadership.
- You must be in good standing the with university and comply with Community Life Standards.
- A Cumulative AND Fall 2022 GPA of 2.5 or greater is required.
- You have completed at least one semester at Northwest University prior to applying.
If you do not meet all of the above requirements, please see Appeals (below) for more information.
- Leadership Preview Night – Wednesday, January 25
- Applications Available – Wednesday, January 25
- Resume Writing Workshop (open to all applicants but a resume is required for returning student leaders) – Thursday, January 26 (HSC 231) & Friday, January 27 (HSC 200) from 4pm-5pm
- Appeals Due – Wednesday, February 1
- Applications Due – Tuesday, February 7
- ASNU Mandatory Meeting – Wednesday, February 8
- Interview Workshop – Thursday, February 9th (HSC 233) & Friday, February (HSC 102) 10 from 4pm-5pm
- Individual Interviews – February 13-24
- Res Life Group Interviews – Tuesday/Thursday, February 14/16
- Election chapel – Wednesday, February 22
- Decision Letters Sent via Email – Thursday, March 9
- New Leadership Retreat – Saturday, April 1
- Carefully read over the Job Descriptions (see below) for the positions(s) you are applying for.
Complete your Student Leadership Application Form by Tuesday, February 7th at 5:00pm. Please note that you should fill out questions regarding every area for which you are interested in. To help you prepare before filling out the online application, we have included a list of all of the short-answer questions HERE for you. Returning student leaders are also required to submit a resume and cover letter within their application.
- Reach out to your references, and share the Reference Form for them to fill out by Tuesday, February 7th at 5:00pm. These must include References from: (1) Your current RA (2) A NU Faculty/Staff Member (not someone from Student Development or Campus Ministries) and (3) a Current or Previous Supervisor. Returning students do not need to collect reference forms. If you are applying for Campus Min, you will need a (4) Pastoral Reference in addition to your other references.
- Watch this video to walk through the entire process of how to apply.
We know that every student has a different story and experience, so we want to provide you an opportunity to appeal if you do not meet some of the eligibility requirements listed below. You may complete the Student Leadership Appeal along with your completed Student Leadership Application if you are currently:
- On probation (Full or Provisional), or
- Have a GPA below 2.5 (Cumulative or Fall 2022 Semester), or
- If you do not obtain enough Spiritual Life Credits during the Fall 2022 semester.
Your Student Leadership Appeal and Student Leadership Application are due by Wednesday, February 1st at 5:00pm.
Commonly Asked Questions
- Chapel Media Student Coordinators
- Gatherings Student Coordinator
- Graphic Design and Marketing Student Coordinator
- Photography and Social Media Student Coordinator
- Hospitality and Choralons Student Coordinator
- Prayer & Life Groups Student Coordinator
- Missions Student Coordinator
- Worship Student Coordinator
- Mosaic Student Director
- Mosaic Student Communications Coordinator
- Mosaic Student Assessment Coordinator
- Mosaic Student Logistics Coordinator
- Mosaic Student Media Coordinator
- SAB Student Director
- SAB Intramural Sports and Volunteer Student Coordinator
- SAB Event Coordinator(s)
- SAB Social Media Coordinator/ Graphic Designer
- SAB Student Photographer/Videographer