Student Leadership Selection 2022-2023
Who is Eligible to Apply?
Any Northwest University student returning for the 2022-2023 academic year is eligible to apply if they meet ALL of the following criteria:
- You must be committed to Christ and the mission of Northwest University.
- You must have passed Fall 2021 Spiritual Life Credit and continue to pass while in leadership.
- You must be in good standing the with university and comply with Community Life Standards.
- A Cumulative AND Fall 2021 GPA of 2.5 or greater is required
- You have completed at least one semester at Northwest University prior to applying.
If you do not meet all of the above requirements, please see Appeals (below) for more information.
- Leadership Preview Night: Wednesday, January 19th, 8:00pm
- Applications with Appeals due: Tuesday, February 1st by 5:00pm
- Applications without Appeals due: Tuesday, February 8th by 5:00pm
- ASNU mandatory meeting: Wednesday, February 9th
- Res Life group interviews: Tuesday, February 15th & Thursday, February 17th
- Individual Interviews: February 14th – 25th
- ASNU election chapel: Wednesday, February 23rd
- Decision letters sent via email: Thursday, March 10th
- New hire spring leadership retreat: Saturday, April 2nd
- Carefully read over the Job Descriptions (see below) for the positions(s) you are applying for.
Complete your Student Leadership Application Form by Tuesday, February 8th at 5:00pm. Please note that you should fill out questions regarding every area for which you are interested in. To help you prepare before filling out the online application, we have included a list of all of the short-answer questions HERE for you.
- Reach out to your references, and share the Reference Form for them to fill out by Tuesday, February 8th at 5:00pm. These must include References from: (1) Your current RA (2) A NU Faculty/Staff Member (not someone from Student Development or Campus Ministries) and (3) a Current or Previous Supervisor. Returning students do not need to collect reference forms. If you are applying for Campus Min, you will need a (4) Pastoral Reference in addition to your other references.
We know that every student has a different story and experience, so we want to provide you an opportunity to appeal if you do not meet some of the eligibility requirements listed below. You may complete the Student Leadership Appeal along with your completed Student Leadership Application if you are currently:
- On probation (Full or Provisional), or
- Have a GPA below 2.5 (Cumulative or Fall 2021 Semester), or
- If you obtain enough Spiritual Life Credits during the Fall 2021 semester.
Your Student Leadership Appeal and Student Leadership Application are due by Tuesday, February 1st at 5:00pm.
Commonly Asked Questions
- Chapel Media Student Coordinators
- Gatherings Student Coordinator
- Graphic Design and Marketing Student Coordinator
- Photography and Social Media Student Coordinator
- Hospitality and Choralons Student Coordinator
- Life Groups Student Coordinator
- Missions Student Coordinator
- Prayer Student Coordinator
- Worship Student Coordinator
- Mosaic Student Director
- Mosaic Student Assistant Director
- Mosaic Student Communications Coordinator
- Mosaic Student Assessment Coordinator
- Mosaic Student Logistics Coordinator
- Mosaic Student Media Coordinator
- SAB Student Director
- SAB Intramural Sports Student Coordinator
- SAB Event Coordinator(s)
- SAB Social Media Coordinator/ Graphic Designer
- SAB Student Photographer/Videographer