Student Leadership Selection 2021-2022
Who is Eligible to Apply?
Any Northwest University student returning for the 2020-2021 academic year is eligible to apply if he/she meets ALL of the following criteria:
- You must be committed to Christ and the mission of Northwest University.
- You must have passed Fall 2020 Spiritual Life Credit and continue to pass while in leadership.
- You must be in good standing the with university and comply with Community Life Standards.
- A Cumulative AND Fall GPA of 2.5 or greater is required
- You have completed at least one semester at Northwest University prior to applying.
If you do not meet all of the above requirements, please see Appeals (below) for more information.
- Leadership Preview Night: January 21st, 8:00pm
- Applications due: February 9th by 5:00pm
- Applications with Appeals due: February 2nd by 5:00pm
- ASNU mandatory meeting: February 10th
- Res Life group interviews: February 16th and 17th
- Individual Interviews: February 15th – 26th
- ASNU election chapel: February 24th
- Decision letters sent via email: Thursday, March 11th
- New hire spring leadership retreat: April 17th
- Carefully read over the Job Descriptions (see below) for the positions(s) you are applying for.
Complete your Student Leadership Application Form HERE by February 9th at 5:00pm. Please note that you should fill out questions regarding every area for which you are interested in. To help you prepare before filling out the online application, we have included a list of all of the short-answer questions HERE for you.
- Reach out to your references, and share the Reference Form for them to fill out by February 9th at 5:00pm. These must include References from: (a) Your current RA (b) A NU Faculty/Staff Member (not someone from Student Development or Campus Ministries) and (c) a Current or Previous Supervisor. Returning students do not need to collect reference forms.
We know that every student has a different story and experience and so we want to provide you an opportunity to appeal in order to apply to be a student leader. You may submit a written appeal by completing the applicable questions below along with your completed Student Leadership Application Form , if you are currently:
- On probation (full citizenship or provisional), OR
- Have a GPA below 2.5 (cumulative OR fall semester 2020), OR
- If you have failed to pass the fall 2020 spiritual life credit requirement
Your Student Leadership Appeal along with a completed Student Leadership Application is due by Tuesday, February 2nd at 5:00pm.
- Chapel Media Student Coordinator
- Gatherings Student Coordinator
- Graphic Design and Marketing Student Coordinator
- Photography and Social Media Student Coordinators
- Hospitality and Choralons Student Coordinator
- Life Groups Student Coordinator
- Ministry Team Student Coordinator
- Missions Student Coordinators
- Prayer Student Coordinator
- Worship Student Coordinator
- MOSAIC Student Director
- MOSAIC Student Assistant Director
- MOSAIC Student Communications Coordinator
- MOSAIC Student Assessment Coordinator
- MOSAIC Student Logistics Coordinator
- MOSAIC Student Media Coordinator