Northwest University ID Cards
Students are required to present their Northwest University ID Card for admission to the Caf, athletic events, and the Eagle Fitness Center. It is also required to check out materials from the Hurst Library (and other cooperating institutions’ libraries) and for the recording of Chapel attendance.
Enforcing these requirements consistently helps to ensure that students are getting the most for their investment.
Kirkland Campus students and employees are issued ID Key Cards that allow access to several buildings/areas on campus:
- 6710 Building
- Argue Health and Sciences Center
- Barton Building – including the Creatio Studio and Classrooms
- Brodin Pavilion
- Hurst Library – including the 24/7 Study Space
- Pecota Student Center
- Residence Halls – access is based on a student’s housing assignment and academic population.
Special care should be taken to not damage or puncture key cards, as it may break the internal components. If you want to carry your key card on your keychain or a lanyard, visit the Information Technology Office (Barton 160) to pick up a card clip.
Lost, Temporary, and Replacement Cards
Key cards should be treated with the same security as a regular key. If you lose your key card, please stop by the Information Technology Help Desk (Barton 160) to have your lost card inactivated as soon as possible!
Temporary and replacement ID cards may be requested from the Information Technology Help (Barton 160) during business hours or via Help Request (email firstname.lastname@example.org).
- There is a $5.00 charge for temporary ID cards, billed to your University Account.
- Temporary cards include a barcode and key card functionality, and expire one week after issue. After that time, key card functionality (if applicable) is disabled.
- Temporary cards that are not returned to the Information Technology Office before 5:00pm on the due date will incur an additional $30.00 fee, and a replacement ID card will be printed and sent to your campus mailbox.
- There is a $25.00 fee for replacement ID cards, charged to your University Account.
- Temporary ID cards may be exchanged for a replacement ID card for a $20 fee. (The total charge amounts to $25.)
- Expired Cards
Continuing students can stop by the Library, Information Technology Help Desk, or check with their graduate/program coordinator to get a validation sticker each year to keep their ID card updated. There is no charge for validation stickers.
- Card Interference
If you carry your NU ID Key Card and another card with contactless technology (e.g. credit or transit card), the other card may interfere with your NU Key Card’s ability to open doors. Simply separating your NU ID Key Card when trying to open a door will resolve this issue.