Northwest University ID Cards
Northwest University students are required to present their ID card for admission to the NU Dining Hall, athletic events, and the Eagle Fitness Center. It is also required to check out materials from the Hurst Library (and other cooperating institutions’ libraries) and for the recording of Chapel attendance.
Enforcing these requirements consistently helps to ensure that students are getting the most for their investment.
Kirkland Campus students and employees are issued ID Key Cards that allow access to the buildings/areas listed below. Doors that allow key card access have signage posted near their card readers. Key cards can be used in the following buildings:
- Residence Halls – access is based on a student’s housing assignment and academic population.
- 24/7 Study Space (Hurst Library)
- Creatio Studio and Computer Lab (Barton Building)
- North 6710 Building
Special care should be taken to not damage or puncture key cards, as it may break the internal components. If you want to carry your key card on your keychain or a lanyard, visit the Information Technology Office (Barton 122) to pick up a card clip.
Lost, Temporary, and Replacement Cards
Key cards should be treated with the same security as a regular key. If you lose your key card, please stop by the Information Technology Office (Barton 122) to have your lost card inactivated as soon as possible!
Temporary and replacement ID cards may be requested from the Information Technology Office (Barton 122) during business hours.
- There is a $5.00 charge for temporary ID cards, billed to your student account.
- Temporary cards include a barcode and key card functionality, and expire one week after issue. After that time, key card functionality (if applicable) is disabled.
- Temporary cards that are not returned to the Information Technology Office before 6:00pm on the due date will incur an additional $45.00 fee, and a replacement ID card will be printed and sent to your campus mailbox.
- There is a $25.00 fee for replacement ID cards, charged to your student or employee account.
- Temporary ID cards may be exchanged for a replacement ID card for a $20 fee. (The total charge amounts to $25.)
- Expired Cards
Continuing students can stop by the Library, Information Technology Office, or check with their graduate/CAPS program coordinator (Kirkland Campus) to get a validation sticker each year to keep their ID card updated. There is no charge for validation stickers.
- Card Interference
If you carry your NU ID Key Card and another card with contactless technology (e.g. credit or transit card), the other card may interfere with your NU Key Card’s ability to open doors. Simply separating your NU ID Key Card when trying to open a door will resolve this issue.