Password Changes & Resets
Students, alumni, and employees can manage their NU password via Microsoft 365. Follow the steps listed on this page to change a known password or reset a forgotten one. If you have difficulty or need further assistance, please reach out to the Information Technology Help Desk:
Change a Known Password
Changing your current NU password is easy:
- Click here and sign into Microsoft 365 with your current NU email address and password.
- On the Change Password form, confirm your current password and enter the new password of your choice twice.
- Click the Submit button.
Password Complexity Requirements
Northwest University passwords must meet the following requirements:
- Contain at least one letter
- Contain at least one number
- Be at least 12 characters long
Reset a Forgotten Password
If you have previously registered a password reset verification method for your NU account (more information), you can use the Microsoft 365 Password Reset Tool. Otherwise, you will need to contact the Information Technology Help Desk (see options above).