Requirements and Expectations
2018 Nursing Cohort
Please read this information carefully and follow directions completely before your arrival in August.
Medical Clearance Form:
- The Medical Clearance Form documents your physical ability to participate in clinical experiences and must be completed. A record of all past or present health issues which may impair full participation in a university nursing program must be included.
- Schedule an early summer appointment with your primary healthcare provider for your physical exam. Ask your healthcare provider to complete the Medical Clearance Form available on the Junior Cohort Information.
- The completed Medical Clearance Form must be uploaded to the American Data Bank (ADB) website by June 30, 2018.
- You cannot start class on August 27, 2018 without verification from ADB and may forfeit your place in the cohort.
- Evidence of current immunization status is required by all clinical sites (hospitals, long-term facilities, etc.). It is your responsibility to fulfill all requirements.
- You cannot participate in the clinical course NURS 3946 without evidence of immunizations for the diseases listed on the Junior Information Page with the exception of the influenza vaccine which is required once it is available each fall.
- You cannot participate in any clinical courses without evidence of immunizations for the diseases listed on the Junior Cohort Information page with the exception of the influenza vaccine which is required when it is available each fall.
- All immunization documentation must be uploaded to American Data Bank by June 30, 2018.
- You will receive a confirmation of immunization completion when all immunization requirements are satisfactorily met.
- For any immunization questions, the School of Nursing Office at email@example.com.
Travel Passport Requirements
- Upload a copy of your travel passport to American Data Bank by June 30, 2018.
- The expiration date on your passport must be after October 30, 2020.
CPR – American Heart Association Provider Level; Adult, Infant, Child, AED certification
- Provider-level CPR certification is required for all nurses working in healthcare.
- The CPR class must be taken at NU on Saturday, August 25, 2018.
- If you have taken a CPR course for your job or for volunteer work, you are still required to take the CPR class at NU.
- This Class is offered through “Merit Emergency Education & Training, Inc. ” at Northwest University in HSC 233.
- NOTE: The cost of CPR certification is TBD. Payment is due at the beginning of class. Payment by cash (exact amount) or check is accepted. No debit or credit cards. Make checks payable to “Merit Emergency”
Prerequisite completion requirement
- All prerequisite courses must be complete on or before June 30, of the year you are entering the nursing program. Courses taken at NU are an exception to this and must be complete on the last day of the NU summer term.