Clubs and Organizations
What are Clubs and Organizations?
Clubs are student led groups that aim to build community, contribute to student life, and enrich the Northwest University student body by facilitating opportunities for students.
Organizations are students led groups that are connected with an academic department or local, regional, or national organization that also aim to build community, contribute to student life, and enrich the Northwest University student body by facilitating opportunities for students
How can I get involved?
Take a look at our clubs calendar here to see what times and where clubs gather!
How can I start a Club?
- Thoroughly read through the Club and Organization Handbook to review all information and details.
- You can hold a Club Information Meeting prior to being approved. This will give you a chance to advertise your club on campus and hold a meeting to see who would be interested in joining your club. During the meeting you would explain your vision to the group and get feedback from students.
- Complete the New Club Registration on ASNU Eagle webpage.
- Meet with the Chief of Staff and Community Life Coordinator to discuss club development, vision, how to lead a club, club resources, and finding an advisor. The Community Life Coordinator can serve as the advisor for the club during Provisional club status (the first semester as a club).
- Introduce your proposed group at an ASNU Senate meeting to have your club evaluated by student senators.
- If both your club and budget is approved by ASNU Senate, final evaluation and approval will be passed by the Office of Student Development. If approved, your club will be granted Provisional status for a semester to serve as a trial period before becoming officially active.