Junior Cohort Information
American Data Bank/Complio
ADB Possible Delays
Due to the pandemic, we made a valiant effort to ensure our staff safely transitioned to maintain our quality of service. As we continue to work remotely and stay well-staffed, we recommend students seek assistance via live chat or tickets for a faster response. Additionally, students can utilize our help videos accessible through their Complio dashboard.
We greatly apologize for this inconvenience and are working across the board to ensure students have the assistance they need.
- Instructions Link for ADB/Complio account set-up.
- Important: The documentation listed on this page must be uploaded to American Data Bank by June 30th to retain your place in the Fall nursing cohort. Failure to meet the deadlines and requirements of the onboarding process may jeopardize your place in the Fall nursing cohort.
- ADB/ Complio Portal Link
Junior Nursing Students will order the following two packages by June 1st after they have been admitted to the program. All documents listed on the this page must be uploaded by June 30th unless otherwise stated below.
- Package 1: $61.00 Criminal Background Check. This includes the following searches:
- Nationwide Criminal Search
- Nationwide Record Indicator with Sex Offender Registry
- Washington Statewide Criminal (WATCH)
- Unlimited Counties – Previous 7 years outside of Washington (includes all alias names and places of residency)
- Nationwide Fraud Abuse Control Search including General Services Administration (GSA) & Office of Inspector General (OIG)
- Residency History
- Social Security Verification
- NOTE: ADDITIONAL APPLICABLE COURT FEES MAY APPLY
- Package 2: $45.00 Complio Immunization Tracking Subscription for Students. Read each section below for specific requirements.
- Color Vision Screening – Color vision screening is done at NU. You are required to upload the results at that time.
- Do not order Drug Testing.
- Juniors – Do not order the WATCH package this is included in your Background Check package. The WATCH package is for senior nursing students only.
- Titer documentation must include patient name, doctor’s name, reference range, and date.
- Double check that you are uploading the correct document to each requirement.
Requirements & FAQ
The documentation listed on this page must be uploaded to American Data Bank by June 30th to retain your place in the Fall nursing cohort. Failure to meet the deadlines and requirements of the onboarding process may jeopardize your place in the Fall nursing cohort.
- Requirements and Expectations
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Course Fees – Additional Costs & Fees
- Important Dates and Times
- Laptop Computer Requirements
Click on each immunization name to find the instructions. You must follow all instructions carefully. Compile your immunization documentation and upload to American Data Bank after June 1. All initial onboarding must be uploaded to ADB by June 30. Subsequent submission of documentation during the program will be required.
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- TB (PPD or TB IGRA) – Must be administered after May 15th.
- TB Symptom Check (Positive TB test only)
- Varicella (Chicken Pox)
- Polio Series
- Flu (September or October of your Junior & Senior year)
Medical Clearance Form
Your doctor must complete and sign page one of the Medical Clearance form. You will complete and sign page two of the Medical Clearance form. Read the “Essential Qualifications for the BCON Students” prior to completing the Medical Clearance form. Students requesting disability accommodation must contact the Office of Academic Success and Advising by June 30th.
The signed Medical Clearance form must be uploaded to American Data Bank. Failure to meet the deadlines and requirements of the onboarding process may jeopardize your place in the Fall nursing cohort.
- Medical Clearance Form
- Essential Qualifications for the BCON Student
- Office of Academic Success and Advising
Additional Required Documents
You also need to upload the following documents to American Data Bank by June 30th.
- Criminal Background Check and Disclosure Form
- Health Insurance Card
- Licensure (RN, LPN, CNA, Tech. if applicable)
- US Passport (Expiration after October 30, 2022)
- Drivers License (must be valid)
- Demographic Form
- Release for Distribution Form
- Informed Consent Form
All junior nursing students must take the American Heart Association (AHA) BLS CPR course.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Professional taken after May 15th. (Generally, certification is valid for two years.)
- Either format is approved, Blended Learning HeartCode® BLS or Classroom BLS. Note: if taking the Blended Learning HeartCode® format the hands-on skills session must be in-person (face to face).
- You may obtain certification at a location near you.
- Proof of certification must be uploaded to ADB before June 30th.
Orientation for incoming Junior nursing students will take place Friday, August 27, 2021, from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm. This is required for all Junior nursing students.
If there is a scheduling conflict, the BCON Orientation has priority over NU Welcome Weekend activities.
Save the Date – Consecration Service
A Consecration Service will be held on Tuesday, September 28, 2021, in the Butterfield Chapel at 7:00 pm and/or live streamed depending on the COVID-19 restrictions in place at that time.
The College of Nursing at Northwest University prepares graduates to answer their call to serve God throughout the world and lead others by using their professional expertise as nurses.
The Consecration service celebrates the new junior cohort and dedicates the students to the Lord as they answer their call to professional nursing practice.
Plan to invite your family and friends to celebrate with us!
- Weeks 1-4 (August 31 – September 25, 2020)
- Weeks 5-15 (September 28 – December 14, 2020)
- BCON Final Exam Schedule-Fall 2020 (December 15 – December 18, 2020)