Junior Cohort Information
American Data Bank/Complio
- Instructions Link for ADB/Complio account set-up.
- Important: Junior prelicensure students may register with ADB no earlier than June 1st. Documentation listed on this page must be uploaded to American Data Bank by June 30th to retain your place in the Fall nursing cohort. Failure to meet the deadlines and requirements of the onboarding process may jeopardize your place in the Fall nursing cohort. Online RN-BSN and MSN students must have all documents complete and uploaded by the first day of class.
- ADB/ Complio Portal Link
Junior prelicensure nursing students must order the following two packages between June 1st and June 7th after they have been admitted to the program. All documents listed on the this page must be uploaded by June 30th unless otherwise stated below. Start now gathering documentation that can be uploaded to ADB once you have an account.
Online RN-BSN and MSN students will order the following two packages and have all documents listed on this page uploaded to ADB by the first day of class.
- Package 1: $61.00 Criminal Background Check. This includes the following searches:
- Nationwide Criminal Search
- Nationwide Record Indicator with Sex Offender Registry
- Washington Statewide Criminal – WATCH. (The initial WATCH order is included in the Criminal Background Check the first year of the program. After the first year it is ordered annually as a stand alone item.)
- Unlimited Counties – Previous 7 years outside of Washington (includes all alias names and places of residency)
- Nationwide Fraud Abuse Control Search including General Services Administration (GSA) & Office of Inspector General (OIG)
- Residency History
- Social Security Verification
- NOTE: ADDITIONAL APPLICABLE COURT FEES MAY APPLY
- Package 2: $45.00 Complio Immunization Tracking Subscription for Students. Read each section below for specific requirements.
- Do not order Drug Testing.
- Juniors and first year online students – Do not order the WATCH package. The WATCH package is the annual background check renewal for students in all programs (prelicensure, RN-BSN & MSN). Senior prelicenture students order it in June after their junior year, online RN-BSN and MSN students order it at the beginning of the twelth (12th) month of the program. Student who step out of the program for any reason must order the WATCH upon re-entry.
- Titer documentation must include patient name, doctor’s name, reference range, and date.
- Double check you are uploading the correct document for each requirement.
Requirements & FAQ
The documentation listed on this page must be uploaded by prelicensure students to American Data Bank by June 30th to retain your place in the Fall nursing cohort. Failure to meet the deadlines and requirements of the onboarding process may jeopardize your place in the Fall nursing cohort.
The following information is applicable to BCON prelicensure students.
- “Did You Know” – back issues
- Requirements and Expectations
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Course Fees – Additional Costs & Fees
- Important Dates and Times
- Laptop Computer Requirements
- NursingCAS Academic Update
Immunization and TB Test Requirements
Click on each immunization name for documentation specifications and instructions. You must follow all instructions carefully. Compile your immunization documentation and upload to American Data Bank after June 1. All prelicensure students’ initial onboarding must be uploaded to ADB by June 30 and online RN to BSN and MSN students must be complete by the first day of class. Subsequent submission of documentation during the program will be required for clinical participation.
Students are expected to be up to date on all required immunizations and boosters including COVID-19 and Influenza. Exemptions are not granted for the COVID-19 vaccine or any vaccine listed below.
The BCON reserves the right to require additional immunizations in the event of a public health emergency, updated CDC recommendations for vaccinations or health screenings, or clinical site placement requirements.
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- TB (PPD or TB IGRA) – Must be administered after May 15th.
- TB Symptom Check (Positive TB test only)
- Varicella (Chicken Pox)
- Polio Series
- Influenza (Flu) Must be administered in August each year of the program.
Students are expected to be up to date on all required immunizations and boosters including COVID-19 and Influenza. Exemptions are not granted for the COVID-19 vaccine or any vaccine listed above.
CDC Fact Sheets:
- COVID-19 Pfizer BioNTech Vaccine EUA Fact Sheet for Recipients
- COVID-19 Moderna Vaccine EUA Fact Sheet for Recipients
- COVID-19 Janssen Vaccine EUA Fact Sheet for Recipients
- COVID-19 Novavax EUA Fact Sheet for Recipients
Medical Clearance Form
Your doctor must complete and sign page one of the Medical Clearance form. You will complete and sign page two of the Medical Clearance form. Read the “Essential Qualifications for the BCON Students” prior to completing the Medical Clearance form. Prelicensure students requesting a disability accommodation must contact the Office of Academic Success and Advising by June 30th, online students by the first day of class.
The signed Medical Clearance form must be uploaded to American Data Bank. Failure to meet the deadlines and requirements of the onboarding process may jeopardize your place in the Fall nursing cohort.
- Medical Clearance Form
- Essential Qualifications for the BCON Student
- Office of Academic Success and Advising
Additional Required Documents
Prelicensure students must upload the following documents to American Data Bank by June 30th and online students must upload by the first day of class.
- Demographic Form
- Disclosure Statement
- Health Insurance Card
- Informed Consent Form
- Licensure (RN, LPN, CNA, Tech. if applicable)
- Release for Distribution Form
- US Passport (Expiration after October 30, 2024)
- Drivers License (must be valid)
All junior nursing students must take the American Heart Association (AHA) BLS CPR course. Additional information:
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Professional taken after May 15th. (Generally, certification is valid for two years.)
- Either format is approved, Blended Learning HeartCode® BLS or Classroom BLS. Note: if taking the Blended Learning HeartCode® format, the hands-on skills session must be in-person (face to face).
- You may obtain certification at a location near you.
- Prelicensure students’ proof of certification must be uploaded to ADB before June 30th and online students’ by the first day of class.
Orientation for incoming Junior prelicensure nursing students will take place Friday, August 26, 2022, from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm. This is required for all Junior nursing students.
If there is a scheduling conflict, the BCON Orientation has priority over NU Welcome Weekend activities.
Save the Date – Consecration Service
A Consecration Service will be held for the junior prelicensure students on Tuesday, September 27, 2022, in the Butterfield Chapel at 7:00 pm.
The College of Nursing at Northwest University prepares graduates to answer their call to serve God throughout the world and lead others by using their professional expertise as nurses.
The Consecration service celebrates the new junior cohort and dedicates the students to the Lord as they answer their call to professional nursing practice.
Plan to invite your family and friends to celebrate with us!